Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Alright, I have tinkered around with the internationalization support in Qt, and have managed to generate a dutch ".ts" file for Pierogi. At the moment, most of the strings in it are from the various buttons, with a smattering of panel names and window names. You can see it in all its glory at:

https://github.com/jpietrzak8/Pierog.../pierogi_nl.ts

The good news is that these .ts files are easy to generate! The bad news is that it'll probably take a lot of work to parse through them. (That, and Pierogi has an enormous amount of buttons to translate...) Thankfully, there's no need to try and fill out an entire .ts file in a single pass; partially completed translations work fine, with Qt falling back to the default language for any items not translated.

The Qt SDK also has a program called Linguist that provides support for editing .ts files. Downloading and running a copy of this program is probably the easiest way to fill out the translations...

So, mr_pingu, if you're not running for the exits after seeing what a .ts file looks like, please go ahead and try translating a button or two, and message me about how feasible this looks to you. And, if anybody else out there would like to try their hand at translating Pierogi, I'd love to have the help!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Umpf, I guess I need to dig up the SDK again. No exits for this challenge I will manage. Looked quickly but I don't know what has to be translated as many remotes come in english only.
For example my receiver remote + text on the receiver itself is in english, the UI is in dutch though. Ofcourse I will do the general interface, but not sure if the buttons must be translated so I will skip them for now. Oh and if it doesn't happen before easter, exams are coming but I promise I will do atleast the general interface.
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
For sure, everything Qt "hangs" for 2 seconds if *power* button is press (not "slide switch" on the side) - guys from QTLockscreen replacement experienced it. I feel it too, if listening to radio without analog bypass, and I press power button to see time in lockscreen

No idea if it's related to current problem, though.

/Estel
Add /path/to/app in /usr/share/policy/etc/rx51/syspart.conf (in classify desktop section) reboot and lags will gone. I use it in qmllockscreen and it helps. For qmlradio it works also but there are still little lags.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Adding things to classify as desktop group seems to give them those parameters at the very end:

Code:
[partition desktop]
path /syspart/desktop
cpu-shares 6144
memory-limit 30M
...which, as compard to "background" group of programs (aka rest), changes only the thing about cpu-shares. Is it safe tho throw any_random program to group with such shares? Won't it affect stability od "real" desktop things?

Take all the above with a grain of salt, I have no idea how this policy thing works.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Take all the above with a grain of salt, I have no idea how this policy thing works.
/Estel
You are not alone. I found this idea on qtlockscreen thread and use it for few months. Maybe other groups with lower priority will work to. I had problem with headphones after I messed up with adding application from fat partition so be aware of editing this file.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Ok, this is slightly mind-blowing... I was checking out the Chinese N900 website mentioned in TMO member yaliang's signature, and it turns out that some folks in China are using Pierogi. And not only using it...

Wow! Someone's been hacking at the Pierogi code quite a bit.

(Link to original Chinese forum board posting)

Last edited by Copernicus; 2014-04-05 at 02:38.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
It's a pity that they're not contributing code back to mainstream Don't be surprised, if you find pierogi with price tag attached, at some chineese site, too
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Well, this weekend I tried to clean up some Denon receiver keysets, and ran up against a problem I've had since the beginning of Pierogi -- I just can't corral the input selector buttons into one "universal" set. High-end audio ends up being the hardest to manage, with some remotes having more than a dozen separate buttons for different input sources. And it seems like no two remotes label these sources in the same way...

So, I've given up. Rather than trying to create dozens of tiny buttons, or come up with some scrolling mechanism to show more buttons, I'm now collecting all the input control values and creating a combo box out of them. To use this mechanism, you'll need to first select the input you want to control from the list, then press the "Switch to Selected Input" button; so, what was a single step on the original remote is now two steps in Pierogi. Oh well. But, at least I can now manage enormous lists of input sources without tearing my hair out.

I've made a pass through the keysets, and placed all the current input controls into this new list mechanism, but I'm sure I'll need to catch more that I missed (and fix errors). Please do tell me if you find a problem!

I've managed to squeeze this new control into the bottom of the Utility panel; this may make the controls just a little hard to operate, though. It has also taken over the existing Input panel. I'll add some screenshots of these new panels.

I've also put together a new "Receiver" panel; it is now the first panel of the "Audio Device Panels" collection. It basically just adds controls for presets and radio band choices to the existing Main panel. I'll add a screenshot of it as well.

I'll hopefully get a little more cleanup work done on the audio device interfaces.

And as always, please watch for new bugs!
Attached Images

Last edited by Copernicus; 2014-04-08 at 00:57.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
So, I've given up. Rather than trying to create dozens of tiny buttons, or come up with some scrolling mechanism to show more buttons, I'm now collecting all the input control values and creating a combo box out of them. To use this mechanism, you'll need to first select the input you want to control from the list, then press the "Switch to Selected Input" button; so, what was a single step on the original remote is now two steps in Pierogi. Oh well. But, at least I can now manage enormous lists of input sources without tearing my hair out.
As I said I had my thoughts on this. While I like the way it is done in the Utility tab, small and clean. However, yes it requires two steps but seeing the size of this button. I think you can atleast squeeze 5 of these selector things in the input panel. As you can see on the screenshot on the receiver panel. We are loosing so much estate on that big button. So what about making about 4-8 (depending how much can fit comfortable) buttons? I guess most people use something like 4 inputs regularly and sometimes the need for an other input. I use most of the times only 2. Well of course there are complications as this would mean that you need to save settings what users set per keyset. But advantages are that you for certain inputs get one step actions again
I've made a pass through the keysets, and placed all the current input controls into this new list mechanism, but I'm sure I'll need to catch more that I missed (and fix errors). Please do tell me if you find a problem!
Will tell if I find a problem, so far none. Only tested the new Denon keyset though.

I've managed to squeeze this new control into the bottom of the Utility panel; this may make the controls just a little hard to operate, though. It has also taken over the existing Input panel. I'll add some screenshots of these new panels.
Given what I said above you maybe can leave that input selector there but revive the inputtab with 4-8 of these selectors.

I've also put together a new "Receiver" panel; it is now the first panel of the "Audio Device Panels" collection. It basically just adds controls for presets and radio band choices to the existing Main panel. I'll add a screenshot of it as well.
Looks clean, thanks!
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 110 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bangalore
It has been a wonderful app in my N900 which turns out to be the best universal remote.
I'm just curious, is it possible to have an app in N900 which uses wi-fi to remote control cameras with wi-fi such as the Canon 6D / Canon 70D.
Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandeep For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control