Notices

hi respected developer,
i am really really apreciate the work you done so far , i must say great job done for solving problems and make from though to a real product.........
i am really intrested to use a full product , i have installed the link from page 1 of this threat ...works fine with video exist in memory cards , no idea to use as live -tv with good number of channel ( uk and amrican based ,preferably as request ) but no idea how to get this posiible as i am new to n800 .

if possible please help with step-by step guide having all essential elements rewuired to use as live -tv ,will be a great help.

kind regards,

dave

Originally Posted by darshan_ucb View Post
hi respected developer,
i am really really apreciate the work you done so far , i must say great job done for solving problems and make from though to a real product.........
i am really intrested to use a full product , i have installed the link from page 1 of this threat ...works fine with video exist in memory cards , no idea to use as live -tv with good number of channel ( uk and amrican based ,preferably as request ) but no idea how to get this posiible as i am new to n800 .

if possible please help with step-by step guide having all essential elements rewuired to use as live -tv ,will be a great help.

kind regards,

dave
First things first, you need to have an OS X, FreeBSD or Linux operating system to use the streaming feature and for live-tv you need to have a Linux desktop computer with a dvb-card and VDR installed. This is all documented in the wiki.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
knots is on IRC!

knots got its own chatroom now . If you need help to get knots (or one of it's goodies, like vdr or mythtv integration) to work, file bugreports or just wanna hang out & chat with some nice (Looking guys about RubyBox, Knots, Tablets or life, you are welcome to join!

irc://irc.freenode.net:6667/knots

If the link doesn't open the channel, get pidgin & goto "Accounts- Manage - Add"

Protocol: IRC
Username: your username
server: irc.freenode.net
Password: (no password required if your desired username is free)
Port: 6667
Encoding: UTF-8

now close the Pidgin account Manager, and in Pidgin Main menu go to "Buddies - Add Chat"

Account: choose the IRC Account we setup before
Channel: #knots
Password, Alias & Group can be left blank.

Now you got a new entry in the Pidgin Main Menu labeled "#knots" double click on it and off ya go.

PS: please just don't ask a question & leave, we don't live there and tend to keep European Time (GMT+2)

Last edited by mtron; 2009-02-19 at 10:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to mtron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Vancouver, BC
Does Knots stream video over irc-protocol now?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Ukki:
To get the application switcher icon, for Knots, to show up: Add
Code:
StartupWMClass=Knots
after Icon= in your desktop file.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-04-02 at 21:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Coruņa, ES
Thanks for the app! I'll try to build VLC >0.9 from sources this afternoon, for Debian, and will tell you if it works. And I hope the ffmpeg version stored in debian-multimedia is up-to-date enough to use it

Keep this good work going!

EDIT: I said this using Debian stable. Although I rebuilt VLC, I didn't get Knots working. The ffmpeg version in stable wasn't good enough, nor was the Debian Multimedia one.
After that, I moved to Ubuntu, thinking that it would work: I talked about that here. It worked, but some performance issues related to Ubuntu's support of my hardware made me change back to Debian.
So I ended up in Debian, again, which I talk about here. Now I have it working on Debian Testing

Last edited by Bulfaiter; 2009-07-15 at 06:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bulfaiter For This Useful Post:
Long time no update. After all the Ruby issues I kind of stopped supporting this. It's not like it's been a huge success and all. But once again another release is underway. It's a complete rewrite so it has taken me a long time, but I guess it's near usable level soon. So if anyone with Windows XP/Vista, OS X Leopard or Linux wants to test it, please join our irc channel and we will talk you through it.

Major new features:

- reduced client startup time
Attached Images

Last edited by ukki; 2009-07-04 at 15:29. Reason: Notice about partial Windows support

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:

Tags
knots, linux, os x, streaming, video