Posts: 108 | Thanked: 579 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Požega, Croatia
Originally Posted by ZackCloud View Post
@filip.pz: would like to send you a pm, but maemo.org wont let me. What do you think about sending it to dropbox4n9(at)trash-mail.com ?
It's a throw-away public accessible mailbox.
Thanks in advance.
Message sent.

Those who do manage to contact me on PM please include e-mail address - I attach the installation package to an e-mail so when there's no e-mail address initially, it takes a bit longer for me to first reply to PM and ask for an address. I hope you understand.

For now everything look to be OK with the app (no major issues, instalation works, as is account creation - only few glitches here and there with the upload) so it's quite possible that it will be released to public soon.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to filip.pz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Always impressed by the effort of devs. Hope this helps to highlight the happenings with Dropbox and you folks putting forth your time and energy to keep it going on the N9/50

http://everythingn9.com/dropbox-and-...s-continuance/ - Dropbox and the N9's Continuance

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Russia Saratov
Originally Posted by filip.pz View Post
Message sent.
Would also like to take part in the testing. If at all possible, then please send to the Alexxxlrus@gmail.com
Thanks in advance!

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
Originally Posted by filip.pz View Post
In the end I managed to make my own replacement . ...
works for me, thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ukraine, Kiev
everything seems to work.

The Following User Says Thank You to venomcortx1 For This Useful Post:
Been using it for almost a week and a half now, almost on a daily basis. No glitches to report. File and picture uploads from gallery and filebox work like a charm

I just posted first public release of NineDbox here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90652

Please continue discussion about it in that thread.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to filip.pz For This Useful Post:
Given what's been possible in making Nine2D (nice name change by the way); I wonder what other social sharing could be extended with the N9, and later Jolla/Tizen devices, now that there's an example of the sharing plugin working alongside the platform and potential API changes.

Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
Given what's been possible in making Nine2D (nice name change by the way); I wonder what other social sharing could be extended with the N9, and later Jolla/Tizen devices, now that there's an example of the sharing plugin working alongside the platform and potential API changes.
Sorry missed your post yesterday - I can only say for MeeGo/Harmattan but practically there are no limits. My plugin is working by communicating with webupload-engine. If necessary one can write sharing-ui extension which allows practically unlimited control over sharing process - excelent example is located here: http://blog.forwardbias.in/2013/06/h...ing-guide.html

The Following User Says Thank You to filip.pz For This Useful Post:
Coming back to this thread as its a bit more generic of a MeeGo+Dropbox discussion that gets specific to apps and policy from time to time....

Here's my question, for those of you whom are doing development with Dropbox and other "internet as HD" services: one of the issue that I run into is that I have a few files (less than 10) which need to be backed up to Dropbox on a regular basis. I think of something like the sync service existing for things like email, calendar, etc. where every few hours, or when there's an update that's less than 12hrs from the current time of the device, that it automatically pushes that file towards Dropbox - with some kind of notification that its happening.

Is this something that the Dropbox TOS allows? If so, are there any of you developers that have done something like this? If not, what have been your challenges towards making something like that happen?

*BTW: not a developer, just interested in the experience of using things with less friction than normal when it comes to mobiles, web services, etc.