Active Topics

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
But the N9 still helps the MeeGo project because the press refers to its as a MeeGo phone
Unless it is a failure, in which case it harms the MeeGo reputation instead?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
I don't think so, at least not in a technical sense. The prevailing sentiment in the past was that you could not make a polished cellphone attractive to the average consumer using of GNU/Linux. Similar doubts were also extended with respect to MeeGo. If nothing else, the N9 dispels such notions. If you mean that MeeGo's reputation will be hurt if sales of the N9 are low, then I think not either because the low sales can be chalked up one or more of several other circumstances peculiar to the N9 product.

The Following User Says Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
Which it is not, as per the various hands-on reviews availlable on numerous tech blogs.

Also as a general note, can people please stop stating one's opinion more than 10 times per thread?
Forums are non volatile media, it's fine writing things just once.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatokosi View Post
Sure, no problem. Lend me the money?

PS. I don't hate the N9, I actually kinda like it - BUT it's not the phone for me, and unless you lend(like Nokia with the N950) me the money, I'm not gonna buy it at an inflated price to prove a point that will go unnoticed anyways.
Inflated price? How can you know this when the price hasn't been announced yet?

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Right now I'm having a problem with the top-right-corner kill boxes not being available as soon as you go to the Open Application home. This long-press thing is going to get old fast. If Nokia doesn't change that, it should be hackable to immediately send it into that mode.
Instead of long press, it should be a sofware button called "close apps", that would bring the red box mode. it could be in the same position of the "close all" button.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
You know for once Engadget published an article that I think encapsulates how many of us feel at how Nokia has treated MeeGo and our community with regards to the N9

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/22/e...ot-be-serious/

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to ZackMorris For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Interesting editorial indeed. Looks like the N9 has the potential to change hearts....

Last edited by akazero; 2011-06-22 at 16:23. Reason: Link was posted in previous message already

Originally Posted by Verythrax View Post
Instead of long press, it should be a sofware button called "close apps", that would bring the red box mode. it could be in the same position of the "close all" button.
That would be better than a long press, but the Maemo 5 way wasn't/isn't broken.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Right now I'm having a problem with the top-right-corner kill boxes not being available as soon as you go to the Open Application home. This long-press thing is going to get old fast. If Nokia doesn't change that, it should be hackable to immediately send it into that mode.
The moment I saw that I was like, what? Really?

It must be intentional, though (perhaps all the swiping accidentally closed running apps?), since otherwise those two buttons on the bottom (Close all) wouldn't be there, and because this is (right?) really an evolved task manager from Maemo 5.

Something has to be done about that, though. Before release.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zlatokosi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
Well I'm signed up as a developer (because I am working on an app for meego/Qt), so hopefully I'll be able to get a N950!

That won't help the bulk of us, since they canned it on a "bad" hinge.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????