Active Topics

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
I'm currently at the mall looking for a Nokia C2-00, one of those affordable dual SIM, dual standby phones. I've asked around 20 stalls and they're all out of stock! I'm in one of the biggest malls in the city and in their gadget-centric annex so I didn't really expect this. I'm in the Philippines by the way and this is still a Nokia-dominated country.

EDIT:
seems like this thread has been getting lots of views... maybe you guys thought Nokia released a new phone with a nice set of features. sorry to disappoint and i didn't intend to mislead. i was talking about actual sales based on lack the said product on store shelves.

Last edited by vetsin; 2011-08-15 at 05:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Congratulations

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Well I haven't found what I was looking for so I think it's too soon to congratulate me. hehe It'll be a replacement for my mom's "legacy" Nokia which died recently so I need to buy one before I go home.

your mom is part of the so-called-by-nokia next billion.

if you go home and she says she wants an iphone instead, let us know so we can cross her off that list.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
You in the Mall of Asia, or somewhere in Makati or Bonifacio? Where´s the hotspot for electronics?

I think its so fascinating that everyone seems to carry 3 phones in that country. I love your jeepney´s as well...

@quipper
i don't think that would happen. she's not made for touchscreens.

@olighak
Nope. I'm currently at Quezon City. hehe biggest mall here is SM North Edsa and I was at the Cyberzone which is where most gadget shops are. I just moved to Trinoma. I hope I find one here. Yeah, most people here use more than one phone/network, that probably explains the C2-00's popularity. I use two phones myself. hehe jeepney=king of the road here. are you a frequent visitor here?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
How much does the Nokia C2-00 cost in the Philippines?

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
It's around 4000 pesos which is $90 - $100.

lowest price i've seen was 2,990 pesos. if 1dollar=45pesos, that would be around $66.44. though i'm not sure about the exchange rate, didn't check it. i found one store with units in stock but they're selling it for 3,200.... no thanks. i don't want to pay more than the retail price for this phone. hehe
forgot to mention that i also asked around a smaller mall last night and none of the stalls there had stock too.