Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Hi guys! Opera 11.5 is out for maemo and some of us have already installed it.

I gave it a go last night and found that it is smoother than the previous version and it seems like this one's more touch-centric. Plus I can now see messages in FB (which recently haven't been showing up on Opera) and I no longer experience blank white screens on gsmarena.com.

I found one bug though which is not experienced by other users... my CTRL+C no longer works as usual in text fields such as this message box in our threads. Whenever I select texts and then press CTRL+C, instead of just copying the selection, it cuts (copy and delete) it and replaces it with a letter "c" and when I paste it using CTRL+V the pasted texts always end with "v". I know about the long-press-choose-copy option but I want the keyboard shortcuts.

Anybody else experiencing it? Do you know any workaround? Hoping for your replies. Thank you.

Last edited by vetsin; 2011-10-13 at 12:06.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Change the keyboard settings from opera to address bar only. That should do the trick

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Thanks for the reply HtheB, really appreciate it!
That did the trick.
Funny I didn't have to do that in the previous version.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@vetsin,

I just tested it and had the same issue as you. Solved thanks to HtheB tip.

I guess in the previous version when you used the real keyboard Opera let maemo handle the input. Maybe now with 11.5 they try to actually handle the (real) keyboard input.. unsuccessfully

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
Thanks for the reply HtheB, really appreciate it!
That did the trick.
Funny I didn't have to do that in the previous version.
You're welcome!

Well, this was also on the older version.
But it was already set to the address bar only