Active Topics

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
You can patent human genes and can ask for cash if someone even tries to do research on it. Your sad little genetic-based disease can be someones goldmine even before a cure is found. Talking about trolls...
is this for real? you can't even extend the research without paying?

Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
is this for real? you can't even extend the research without paying?
Unfortunately, yes. Which is how genetic research companies (such as Monsanto) are able to become so incredibly rich: by patenting every single thing they discover or make. Anyone who wants to actually do something with it has to pay them.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
The patent must be invalidated in the US as well, based on the prior art.
See this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj-KS...layer_embedded

The funny thing is, I remember reading about the Neonode before even it was released, and that there was hype building up about it -- and then suddenly it faded away. Seems that the iPhone stole a lot of its thunder, as well as a few seminal ideas...

I applaud Google for pissing all over the broken patent system. If not them, manufacturers in Asia are going to do it anyway. If you have an invention, make a product, sell it and profit -- or go pound sand.

i think the whole patent system s**ks especially slide to unlock, clock designs, GUI interface or bla bla ... jus a big lol for them making this stuff patent...

i think; then everything shown on a fiction film should be patented because they had that idea or vision before anyone else did...

Go team USA!

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Just another example of how the patent system is broken and how corporations just slow things down.

Yay.