Active Topics

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
I like the song "Cooler than Me" by Mike Posner and decided to watch the music video in youtube. I was surprised to see our N900 there!
I've seen that video before but I wasn't familiar with the N900 then so I was pleasantly surprised by the cameo.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqWq_48LxWQ&ob=av2e
See 2:10-2:17.

Where else has our beloved been sneaking?
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
1:21-1:23 from the same video also featured N900 without keyboard visible and seems like its held like a phone.

Judging by the screenshot from yours, I can see there's no SIM card inserted, 3/4 of battery life left and bluetooth is enabled. Let me guess, the device was purely used as a camera for this purpose?

Last edited by tuxsavvy; 2011-10-29 at 10:43.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
haha. you're good! i didn't notice that. could this be a subtle marketing strategy from Nokia? (one that's too subtle no one noticed. hehe)

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Not long after I made that response I checked youtube comments on the same video, not once did any of the viewers/bots asked what phone/device was that. Probably they either don't care or too stupid to realise its N900

I sort of doubt it would be a marketing strategy from nokia. They are too busy dusting their hands off maemo/meego platform and pushing ahead with mango stuff. Had they really cared about us more then they would have released PR1.4 with many improvements incorporated from CSSU, fixed all the other outstanding issues in N900 bug jar and probably even released full source code.

Back to the topic, I'm really surprised that N900 is actually featured in a relatively popular arena but I'm doubtful that the N900 cameo appearance would be used as a regular device by whomever owns it. In other words, its only used for specific purposes and when its not in use the device would probably never get to see the light again until there's a need be.

hehe. maybe they're just not interested in the device, they're more focused on the X-ray glasses.
i wonder... is the owner of that device here in TMO?

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Sevastopol, Cremea, Ukraine
it's old clip from 2010 year.

i think it's only clip, not more

yup. it's not a new song but it's only now that i noticed the N900 in the video.
i want to see more N900 cameos but seems like it's only in that one video. hehe