That message seems to have disappeared with the latest update.

There is an issue with the Lock button when pressed during charging. It locks screen but after that you can't unlock the device.
All hadware keys work, home key opens telescope, power switch opens sysui but touchscreen is locked.

Only way to gain control again is by removing battery.

What device?

Is it caused by the on-screen lock button or hardware lock button?

The hardware lock button is handled by MCE and adv-sys only detects the signals so screen should always lock or unlock. The on-screen button, in charging mode, always tells MCE to lock the screen.

I can lock the screen with a on-screen or hardware button and then use any of the other hardware buttons to control the device but the touchscreen remains locked. The hardware lock button always unlocks it. So it sounds like you either have a problem with your hardware lock button or MCE.

N800.
The second part holds true. The on screen lock locks and dims the device. Pressing any hardware key undims the device and every hardware key works, just that touchscreen does not function.

I think that the on screen locks the device and pressing any hardware key unlocks it. Just that the touchscreen becomes unresponsive.
Behaviour only comes about only when my charger is plugged in and use the on screen locks.

I may have a problem with my MCE. Also, I've noticed that long pressing the power button does not shutoff the device as it did before installing sysui. Can only shut off through the sysui menu.

Thanks again for this wonderful product.

Not to nitpick but I do have a few questions about sysui.

Firstly, Is there any way to add a take screenshot option? I find this process viewer much more extensive than the Load Applet process viewer but lacks the take screenshot option.

Secondly, What is the highlighted option for? And the one above it? (in blue)

Thanks again for this wonderful product, brings new "freshness" to our beloved devices.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
those two are for stopping the gps and bluetooth services/daemons.

btw; i have noticed that if i use the power button to bring the N800 out of idle, it takes a couple of seconds for the advsys ui to show up. Problem is that if a tap anywhere on the screen before that, it gets transferred to the advsys ui (resulting in "random" actions).

As for the message i mentioned earlier, here is how it shows up.

1. let the tablet idle long enough for the screen to go black as per the display settings in control panel

2. press a hardware key or tap the screen

3. watch the screen come back to life, and display the message in the upper right corner)

note that none of the steps involve locking the screen or keys, so there should be no reason for the message to show up.

Hrmf; not sure what bit got flipped, but now when the screen fades to black from idle it seems only the power key can wake it back up again...

I seem to have figured out what's wrong with my unit. It appears that pressing the lock button activates the message in the upper right corner but there is no way to unlock the device after that.
Prior to sysui, unlocking would be power and center-dpad but now that does nothing.

simply, after locking the device, I cannot unlock it anymore.

Thanks tso, that cleared up some issues

ah yes, i see now.

1. open advsysui and hit the lock button

2. unlock using power button

3. wait for screen to idle into off mode

4. tap screen or press any button (except power)

expected result:
screen should turn back on.

actual result:
screen remains off until the power button is pressed.

this also results in the loss of the screen press sound, presumably because the system still thinks the screen is locked while advsysui makes it "unlocked". Hmm, not just screen sound. Key sound is also lost. So the system ends up in a kind of between state where parts think it is locked while others thing it is unlocked.

Last edited by tso; 2010-10-11 at 09:21.

Behaviour only comes about only when my charger is plugged in and use the on screen locks.
Does it do the same thing when long pressing the lock button when not on the charger? Short pressing the lock button will blank the screen immediately unless its charging in which case short and long both lock it since the screen won't blank while charging.

Is there any way to add a take screenshot option?
Not yet, but it is planned.

btw; i have noticed that if i use the power button to bring the N800 out of idle, it takes a couple of seconds for the advsys ui to show up. Problem is that if a tap anywhere on the screen before that, it gets transferred to the advsys ui (resulting in "random" actions).
I think its a problem with maemo or the hardware. The device lacks realtime response times and can often take a second or two to wake the app so it can process the events. Problem is that you tap the screen or press button again thinking it didn't take and then the app is woken and all the events flood in. Happens in all the maemo apps I use, not sure if there is anything I can do about it, but it does happen less often when I'm not running in powersave mode all the time.

1. let the tablet idle long enough for the screen to go black as per the display settings in control panel
Do you have "lock screen and keys" unchecked in the control panel? I unchecked it and was able to reproduce the notification. Not sure why MCE is sending that signal but I'll look into it. Also found out that short press lock (and blank) doesn't lock the screen when that setting is unchecked, that will be fixed in next release.

expected result:
screen should turn back on.
I wouldn't expect screen taps to turn the device back on after pressing a button called "lock".

Hmm, not just screen sound. Key sound is also lost.
The power button automatically wakes the system when the default systemui isn't running, I didn't have to do anything to get that cool feature. MCE also doesn't send an unlock signal which is why asui doesn't display an unlock notification, yet.

So the system ends up in a kind of between state where parts think it is locked while others thing it is unlocked.
Can you get the device in this state and then run the follow command and tell me if it becomes normal again?

Code:
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --system --type=signal /com/nokia/mce/signal com.nokia.mce.signal.tklock_mode_ind string:unlocked

Tags
bada blows, bada rox