Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
I think my script looks better now. If anybody is interested, I can release the code later (not for newbs BTW). I'm also working on a script to show battery charge on the lock screen.
Hey that's really clever. Is it fetching the quotes from some file or from the net?

The Following User Says Thank You to impact For This Useful Post:
Posts: 233 | Thanked: 491 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by robotnO View Post
Anybody here knows where to find settings for changing the font ONLY for the standby clock not the entire system. I can't see the setting in "libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css" ?
In the file, there is a section for the LPM clock. it will say LockScreen MLabelStyle#LockScreenLowPowerModeClockLabel

Under that there is a heading font: $FONT_FAMILY etc. go to /home/user/.fonts (if not exist, create).

Install system info app (from store) and go to config. > fonts to idnetify proper font name.

Then in css replace font_family etc for "font name" (with inverted commas)

eg.
font: "Ostrich Sans" 10mm;

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MFaroTusino For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^ Wasn't this explained within the first few pages of the thread?
Anyway thanks for highlighting it again....

*edit*
Actually checking the google guide I think it was discussed here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78536
May have been earlier in this thread too, can't recall.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-01-07 at 20:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
I think my script looks better now. If anybody is interested, I can release the code later
I'd love this! Do you have these quotes somewhere in a file? I'd like to circle some of my own girly-nonsense on the screen ;P.
And the duration till it changes to a new quote? How about font type of the text, could that be a parameter on the script, or does it have to be system wide setting?

Would be great if someone smart and able could do one app, that could do all these modifications discussed in this thread!

The Following User Says Thank You to Naughty For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by impact View Post
Hey that's really clever. Is it fetching the quotes from some file or from the net?
Thanks. The quotes are pulled randomly from a text file. Each line is a seperate quote in that file. Pulling quotes from the net would also be possible I suppose...

Originally Posted by Naughty View Post
I'd love this! Do you have these quotes somewhere in a file? I'd like to circle some of my own girly-nonsense on the screen ;P.
And the duration till it changes to a new quote? How about font type of the text, could that be a parameter on the script, or does it have to be system wide setting?

Would be great if someone smart and able could do one app, that could do all these modifications discussed in this thread!
Like I said, the quotes are from a file. You can use your own quote file.
Most of the things are configurable, like duration (mine is set to 10 minutes), font, colour, size, etc. I will [announce] a proper cleaned up script on Monday or so.

Initially it wont be packaged as I'm not familiar with deb packaging for meego. But I will package it as a deb later on and i'll also try to provide a configuration app.

I am also working on another script to show the date and battery charge on the lockscreen. I will post here the updates.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
I was thinking about an app that would pull a "quote of the day" in the morning, save it and then have the phone display that. That way, it would use almost no resources (ahhh, my precious battery power ).

The "quote of the day" could be pretty much anything, not just a quote - latest RSS article, latest tweet, currency exchange rates, anything of interest... .

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 491 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
^ Wasn't this explained within the first few pages of the thread?
Anyway thanks for highlighting it again....

*edit*
Actually checking the google guide I think it was discussed here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78536
May have been earlier in this thread too, can't recall.
Earlier discussed changing the Nokia Pure text files to what you want, that way system wide font change occurs, and there is no need to alter the font setting in .css file

The Following User Says Thank You to MFaroTusino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
BTW, with regards to the script that I had mentioned earlier, I have now released a beta version of the script as a deb here:http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1147520.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by kiddn97583 View Post
It's "/usr/share/fonts/nokia/Nokia\ Pure/proportional"
inside the folder, there are 3 font files "xxxxxxx-Bold xxxxxxx-light xxxxxxxxxx-regular"

after u download the Ostrich zip files, pick whatever 3 fonts you want, and rename it to the exact file name inside of Pure/proportional.

My method is to SSH into N9 and copy the original and delete them inside WINSCP and replace it with Ostrich. (I believe just to overwrite them will do the trick as well)

Finally reboot your machine, if standby screen/lock screen hasn't been applied, you have to SSH into N9 to change standby, lock screen fonts type within a certain .css file. but that's just in my case though, since I have two fonts type in my system, Chinese and English.
when i try to copy the new files from the folder with filebox or winscp...np.

but when i try to put the replacement ones(new fonts) i error out in two ways.

1. with winscp, it gives me the errror to do it, then to delete the file first, then says it cannot do it, i do not have permission.

2. when i use terminal on the device, i try these commands and get the same error becasue the "Nokia Pure" has a space in it.

Code:
cp /usr/share/fonts/nokia/Nokia Pure/proportional /home/user/MyDocs/fonts/original

cp /home/user/MyDocs/fonts/new/* /usr/share/fonts/nokia/Nokia Pure/proportional/
i get the error from terminal

cp: can't stat '/usr/share/fonts/nokia/Nokia;:
No such file or directory

filebox does not seem to have an option to be root, only show the root. so it will not allow to drop the files either.

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 158 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
I have a question..
I don't have a Operator logo in my phone, how I can add a small pic to this section ?
Code:
LockScreen MImageWidgetStyle#LockScreenLowPowerModeOperatorLogo {
    padding-top: 0;
    padding-bottom: 0;
    padding-left: 0;
    padding-right: 0;
    margin-top: 6mm;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-right: 0;
    maximum-size: 12mm 12mm;
}
Or how you added this image to lockscreen ? Can you share your file ?
Thanks
Ups, a little bit too late. Sorry

http://forum.dailymobile.se/index.php?topic=57010.0

LockScreen MImageWidgetStyle#LockScreenLowPowerModeOperatorLo go {
padding-top: 0;
padding-bottom: 0;
padding-left: 0;
padding-right: 0;
margin-top: 6mm;
margin-bottom: 0;
margin-left: 0;
margin-right: 0;