is Maemo compatable with E90 comunicator ?

can i flash my E90 with maemo so its 100% working fine?

wat are the real defranse in hardware wit it make it imposible?

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
No Maemo OS is not compatible with E90 communicator

No you cannot flash your E90 with maemo OS so its 100% working fine. I don't think you would even be able to flash your E90 with maemo firmware because its compiled differently. Even if you forcefully flash your E90 with maemo OS you'll end up bricking your E90.

Here is a brief comparison of the difference between N900 and E90. The main drawback is the CPU in E90 along with the internal capacity. N900's firmware requires 256MB oneNAND space which E90 does not even have, and that is just for the base filesystem.

Apart from comparing with just N900, E90's specs are somewhat a little similar to N900's predecessors such as N8x0 and even 770 however you still won't be able to boot a completely different bootloader + kernel due to signed bootloader. So you're still stuck either way.

Last edited by tuxsavvy; 2011-09-25 at 12:17. Reason: added some more reasons why its not possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
No.
No.
Flux Capacitor is closed source.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hootenholler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Hootenholler View Post
No.
No.
Flux Capacitor is closed source.
I don't think open sourcing the flux capacitor would make any difference. There's no way the E90 can generate the 1.21 gigawatts required to power it.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
But if we could find a way to adapt the casing to accomodate a mere 327,027,027 BL-5J batteries then we just might be in with a shot. Going to check the Battery Mod thread. BRB.

Tags
popcorn time