The accuracy on my N900 touch screen has gone to crap. I can't select an object on the right side of the screen, however its recognizing that I'm trying to select something (it makes the sound and vibrates). On the right half of the screen it selects an object 1/2 inch to the left of what I'm trying to select. When I tried to use the screen calibration function, It's not allowing me to select the #2 and #2 bullseye, because I believe it still thinks I'm trying to select an area 1/2 inch to the left of the bullseye. (I'M USING THE STYLUS, SO DON'T EVEN TRY THAT ONE!) I also reflashed Rootfs and the eMMC with the latest versions and it's a no go.

Does anyone have any advice? Would replacing the digitzer fix this? Someone please help! I love this phone and don't want to succumb to using an Android phone.

Thanks in advance,
Chrizaldy

Last edited by dazalfolks; 2011-10-05 at 01:04.

Have you ever explored your device settings?
Go to "Settings"!
Open "Screen calibration" to calibrate your touch screen. Open "Display" to disable "Touch screen vibration". Open Profiles to disable "Touch screen sounds".

Originally Posted by AWasisto View Post
Have you ever explored your device settings?
Go to "Settings"!
Open "Screen calibration" to calibrate your touch screen. Open "Display" to disable "Touch screen vibration". Open Profiles to disable "Touch screen sounds".
Did you read my entire post? The screen calibration won't let me select the #2 and #3 bullseyes because it thinks I'm selecting an object a 1/2 inch to the left of them. That's what it does in all other apps towards the right half of the screen. Also, I want to keep the touch screen sounds and vibration.

Originally Posted by dazalfolks View Post
Did you read my entire post? The screen calibration won't let me select the #2 and #3 bullseyes because it thinks I'm selecting an object a 1/2 inch to the left of them. That's what it does in all other apps towards the right half of the screen. Also, I want to keep the touch screen sounds and vibration.
Send it to Nokia!

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Try cleaning the screen, it sounds like you either have too thick a s/protector or it has got grease on it.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
It might be worth checking that the black trim round the edge of the screen (with the Nokia logo on it) isn't pressing anywhere. Perhaps try running a piece of paper or thin card around under the edge of it. Playing around in Sketch might also show if the calibration is skewing towards somewhere. If flashing didn't fix it, it's surely either something physically causing it or a hardware fault.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Try cleaning the screen, it sounds like you either have too thick a s/protector or it has got grease on it.
I removed my screen protector and it still did the same thing. I took apart the screen half of the phone and cleaned it and still no go.

Originally Posted by Hootenholler View Post
It might be worth checking that the black trim round the edge of the screen (with the Nokia logo on it) isn't pressing anywhere. Perhaps try running a piece of paper or thin card around under the edge of it. Playing around in Sketch might also show if the calibration is skewing towards somewhere. If flashing didn't fix it, it's surely either something physically causing it or a hardware fault.
I'll give this a try and will report back shortly.

did you try restarting your phone..
for me switching the phone off and then on solves 99% of ma problems..

Cleaning under the brim didn't do anything.