Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
I found the coolest website! It includes almost every repository known! and it includes two options. one is that you can install your selected repository, the other iis that you can install mutiple repositorys or install all of them at once! if you install all of them, make shur you delete all of your exzisting repositorys so all of the new repositorys work. The only repository i know that you will need to reinstall is Canola. there is one more pece of advice i would like to tell you, if the application openbox is in your application maniger, dont install it! unless you really know what you are doing and you realy need it. I am telling you this becuse i once installed it and it inded up messing up my user interface, my screen went white and a litle notice came up saying file corupt and i had to reflash! enywase the repository website is avalible at this URL- http://www.gronmayer.com/it/index.php
Tell me how it goes and what you think!

Last edited by b-man; 2008-02-26 at 16:42. Reason: text error

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA

Your search is expired, though one hopes the point was taken while it lasted.

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
NOTE: It's probably not the best idea to check "Select all repositories" and click "Install Selected." On the list of repositories for OS2008 (aka Chinook), some OS2007 (aka Bora) repositories are included. Repositories aimed at different versions of ITOS/Maemo can (at least) cause conflicting dependencies which make it difficult to install software, or (at worst) let you install an application that puts you into a reboot loop, forcing you to reflash. And anyone can post a repository to that site. As far as I can tell there isn't any quality checking that goes on

To put it another way installing all the repositories on gronmayer is like clicking a button that says "Trust everyone you talk to on the Internet."

-John

The Following User Says Thank You to Johnx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
I do see your point there jhonx, it does sound a litlle unsafe, But when i did it and it caused no harm to my N800 and I tested it twice to make shure it wold do no harm. but i gess you could ttake a look at the repository links to see more details about the repository and if it doesn't make the cut just uncheck the repository. and specking of witch, I am Running OS2008 version 2.2007.50-2