mount -o bind /mnt/maemo/home/opt /mnt/maemo/opt
mount -o bind /dev/ /mnt/maemo/dev
mount -o bind /proc/ /mnt/maemo/proc
mount -o bind /sys/ /mnt/maemo/sys
mount -o bind /dev/pts /mnt/maemo/dev/pts
chroot /mnt/maemo /bin/ash
rm -rf /usr/share/fcam
rm /etc/modprobe.d/fcam.conf
This should remove all traces of the fcam-drivers on your device.
It might be overkill for the removal to use the chroot, but ...?!

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Start rescueOS according to the documentation with the flasher utility, then
Code:
mmr
mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt/maemo/home
mount -o bind /mnt/maemo/home/opt /mnt/maemo/opt
mount -o bind /dev/ /mnt/maemo/dev
mount -o bind /proc/ /mnt/maemo/proc
mount -o bind /sys/ /mnt/maemo/sys
mount -o bind /dev/pts /mnt/maemo/dev/pts
chroot /mnt/maemo /bin/ash
rm -rf /usr/share/fcam
rm /etc/modprobe.d/fcam.conf
This should remove all traces of the fcam-drivers on your device.
It might be overkill for the removal to use the chroot, but ...?!
i have done this, but nothing's changed. Still no boot. I thought that fcam-drivers might be the reason, because problem with booting started after I have preinstalled it (fcam-drivers). But now I have no idea what to do next?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Always a good idea to power down the device, pull the battery, hold the power key for a couple of seconds, then restart the N900.

In rescueOS with mounted maemo rootfs get the info about the last running kernel
Code:
ls -al /lib/modules/
Then compare the, via 'current', linked modules directory with the content of the package from the repos.
Is a complete flashing of the fiasco image possible as a last hope? There was also some info buried deep in the forum to just flash rootfs, that could be extracted from the firmware/fiasco image. Did you ever make a backup with the built-in Backup application of your setting, contacts and stuff?

Always a good idea to power down the device, pull the battery, hold the power key for a couple of seconds, then restart the N900.

I am sorry for a little delay in posting. Could you please precise if I must hold down power key without battery inside and if so - what it is the reason for that.

Do you know what is the exact procedure of booting (that is - what NOLO is doing). And on which stage hardware is testing (if it is). Maybe my camera hardware is a problem - is there any way to test it under rescueOS?

Is a complete flashing of the fiasco image possible as a last hope? There was also some info buried deep in the forum to just flash rootfs, that could be extracted from the firmware/fiasco image. Did you ever make a backup with the built-in Backup application of your setting, contacts and stuff?
I am trying to "rescue" my applications installation, because some of them are now inavailable. So for now I have flashed only kernel from fiasco image. Is there a possibility that NOLO is broken?

Last edited by NotMicro; 2016-01-07 at 13:46.

Sorry for a few posts in a row. But maybe this will help you to diagnose my problem. So once again from my post #6 :

When I have run fsck I got a message:

"The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2
filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock
is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock:
e2fsck -b 8193 <device>".

So is my filesystem correct? I do manage to mount home and opt folder so my eMMC is possibly OK. Although some time ago I have had a problems with USB port on my PC (not stable connection) so maybe something wrong happened during disconnecting myN900.

Last edited by NotMicro; 2016-01-07 at 14:12.

After executing command ls I get information as follows:
drwxr-x--- 1 root root 568 Jan 1 1970 2.6.37

Then compare the, via 'current', linked modules directory with the content of the package from the repos.
How to do this?

Last edited by NotMicro; 2016-01-07 at 20:11.

Sorry for the delay!!!

if I must hold down power key without battery inside and if so - what it is the reason for that.
To discharge the N900 completely.

I am trying to "rescue" my applications installation
Which applications do you need to rescue, that are not available from the repository mirrors, there even is an Ovi mirror somewhere.

When I have run fsck I got a message
Which partition/file system are you trying to check? Is it unmounted?

After executing command ls I get information as follows:
drwxr-x--- 1 root root 568 Jan 1 1970 2.6.37
This seems to be the kernel of the rescueOS. Try the path of the mounted maemo rootfs instead please
Code:
ls -al /mnt/maemo/lib/modules
How to do this?
Download the kernel-modules package from the repository here: http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...mo19_armel.deb
Check for content and the size, maybe even md5sum, of the package's content inside /lib/modules/2.6.28.10maemo-omap1/ inside the data.tar.gz archive.

It seems I have the kernel version 2.6.28. But to say the truth, I flashed the kernel and initfs already (using flasher 3.5). So kernel probably is not the reason of my problems. What about flashing NOLO? Is it safe? My NOLO enables flashing mode and initially starts device (NOKIA logo on the screen), but... who knows what is happening next?

And how to determine rootfs filesystem partition condition using fsck (or other command)?

And, at last, how to find how much free space is left in rootfs partition? I had different values using command df. Maybe lack of space is the reason?

Rootfs does not need any fsck action, it is ubifs file system, that even supports unclean reboots. You could read about it here: http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubifs.html .

The file system is like an archive that might be unpacked for rescueOS, but will show 100% full all the time in rescueOS.

Nolo and kernel are flashed together, as far as i know, and you did that!
Kernel modules are loaded by the kernel to load the different devices of the N900, that is why i suggest to check the modules directory.

There is some knowledge about the boot process buried inside the forum or the wiki, @reinob did a real thorough investigation on the boot process here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87959

Last edited by michaaa62; 2016-01-08 at 21:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post: