Active Topics

Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

a new update arrived maemo 5 20-2010-36-2
summary ...the maemo update requires nokia pc suite ......
and problems "unable to update maemo 5
application package missing : heldon-desktop (=1:2.2.140-1+Om5)

And i wanna do update frm my internet(wifi or 3G) itself becoz my usb is dead ... is there any solution to it... plz say m really waiting for it

Faster application Manager
When i update or install anything frm faster app manager i got dis Error
some of your packages have unmet dependencies which could not be fixed.See the log for details...

when i see the log i got dis...

--- 2011-07-19 21:33:56 ---
Start reading package lists
--- 2011-07-19 21:34:13 ---
Finished reading package lists
--- 2011-07-19 21:34:13 ---
Start fetching package dates
--- 2011-07-19 21:34:14 ---
need to fetch date for 0 packages
sent 0 requests, received 0 replies with 0 errors
Finished fetching package dates
--- 2011-07-19 21:34:31 ---
/usr/bin/apt-get -qsy --allow-unauthenticated -o Dir::Etc::sourcelist=/opt/fapman-cache/sources.list -o Dir::State::lists=/opt/fapman-cache/lists -o Dir::Etc::sourceparts="" --auto-remove install advanced-interface-switcher
--- 2011-07-19 21:34:35 ---
Output from last process:
---
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
advanced-interface-switcher: Depends: advanced-power-common (>= 0.4.5-4) but 0.4.5-3 is to be installed
mp-fremantle-generic-pr: Depends: hildon-desktop (= 1:2.2.140-1+0m5) but 1:2.2.142-13 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by panatha13 View Post
my warranty ends on december. i will give it for repair at nokia on friday. i do not want another nokia phone. neither n8 or e7. can they force me to give me a different phone? has anybody take his money back?
They can't force you to take another phone, no, but they can certainly refuse to repair the old one. You could try asking for a refund, but I'm not sure how much you'd get - almost certainly not the original value as you've had the phone for a year or two already. You may be better off just taking the N8/E7 and selling it, but you'd have to check on ebay prices and what Nokia would offer as a refund.

hey i can see only one applet in my n900 ... i cant see the all applets like fm transmetter,shortuts,internet,clock,bluetooth etc... how to get it back

Originally Posted by lupe View Post
So heres my update......they are we're able to send me a Brand New N900 not refurbished....Im surprised they found one. They got me a tracking number which for some reason hadn't been done before. BUT i wish they would of gave me a diffrent device. I love the N900 and Maemo (even though) it isn't in production anymore can definitely become something GREAT. I wonder if you can port maemo over to the N9. Anyway, I'm looking to sell the N900 I'm receiving tomorrow which is covered under warranty and everything. I am willing to trade it to someone for the E7 or even the N8. I'll be able to give you the full package x2 which means you'll get the 2 sets of ables to connect it to the tv, 2 sets of USB cables 2 sets of cleaning cloths (lmao) 2x batteries (which is a PLUS) AND i'll even give you and WHITE N900 housing including the buttons, panel around keyboard & stylus w/magnet (all white). But inbox me and let me kno what you got if you're interested
Mine N900 was sent for repair and am most likely to get N8 or E7. I'd do a trade but I live in the UK so how would that work for you? I also tried to inbox you but you've chosen not to receive any private messages.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
They can't force you to take another phone, no, but they can certainly refuse to repair the old one. You could try asking for a refund, but I'm not sure how much you'd get - almost certainly not the original value as you've had the phone for a year or two already. You may be better off just taking the N8/E7 and selling it, but you'd have to check on ebay prices and what Nokia would offer as a refund.
I took an E7 in exchange but after a day of usage I totally refused it because of lack of functionallity.

Nokia Care told me they'll look into it and meanwhile I can keep the E7. It's been 10 days since they told me about this...

Well, we'll see what happens :S

Regards

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
Well i got a samsung s2today its the dogs bollocks Byebye nokia hello samsung n900 killer Adios amigoZzzzzzzz

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
and why not offer as N9? even if i have to wait 1-2 months.
how long does it take for nokia to respond?

Hi All,

I live in the UK and I just noticed myrepair status has changed to:

"Repaired: Your product has already been picked up from the repair centre or has been shipped back to you."

I sent the phone away with 4 issues, a broken USB connector, the time/date being lost after removing the battery, the casing becoming loose and the slider being wobbly...

Have people in the UK been receiving N8/E7s or getting a repaired/new n900?

Also, would the message "Repaired: ..." be the same if I was being sent a replacement or the phone had been repaired?

Just so you know, I hate the n900 and a N8 would be much appreciated.

Last edited by danielz000; 2011-07-21 at 14:17.

Originally Posted by danielz000 View Post
Hi All,

I live in the UK and I just noticed myrepair status has changed to:

"Repaired: Your product has already been picked up from the repair centre or has been shipped back to you."

I sent the phone away with 4 issues, a broken USB connector, the time/date being lost after removing the battery, the casing becoming loose and the slider being wobbly...

Have people in the UK been receiving N8/E7s or getting a repaired/new n900?

Also, would the message "Repaired: ..." be the same if I was being sent a replacement or the phone had been repaired?

Just so you know, I hate the n900 and a N8 would be much appreciated.
I've recieved the same message from them. I hope they've either replaced it, repaired it, or given me an E7 to sell lol

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
I've recieved the same message from them. I hope they've either replaced it, repaired it, or given me an E7 to sell lol
Easily pleased then! ;-) Hopefully mine will be here tomorrow...

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty