Active Topics

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I tested this and confirmed it. So it's a bug, and I'll make a fix soon.
I have submitted a fixed version to Nokia Store. Thanks for the bug report Diggler!

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Great app. I have two feature requests that I would give a donation for if they were implemented, both of them actions:

* Connect to specific bluetooth device
* Start/restart application

The latter can be done by executing arbitrary commands but it would be nice to be able to select the app in question visually

The Following User Says Thank You to korpenkraxar For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
It is not returning to previous psm state or does not know what is actually "previous state"... if it swapped through different cases it will get stuck on the one before so if previous case was "idle over night" and next case is default it will go to "psm-active". Going to Settings->Device->Battery *bling* psm turns off. EDIT: Ringtone is kept off as well.

My girlfriend asked me about alarm-clock setup as she was interessted what I do with my mobile running around in her flat^^ don't know how easy it would be to alter "on-off" states of alarms depending on where I am?!

Last edited by chemist; 2012-08-27 at 09:26.

I have just been reading about battery drain problems and have got to say this is the best app for reducing battery consumption.

I have it set to psm between 2200 and 0800 with all connections closed but not on flight mode. I have it set to 2g when idle and 2g when on wlan as 3g in my area is poor signal quality. So I only use 3g when away from home and office, so mainly travelling where I would be using very little data anyway.

I have gone from a day on one charge to nearly 2 days with the same usage.

Superb app!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xcatch22x For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
It is not returning to previous psm state or does not know what is actually "previous state"... if it swapped through different cases it will get stuck on the one before so if previous case was "idle over night" and next case is default it will go to "psm-active". Going to Settings->Device->Battery *bling* psm turns off. EDIT: Ringtone is kept off as well.
I'm myself using PSM with restore all the time with idle on night condition, and have had no issues. I think there is something about your situation I don't understand.

My girlfriend asked me about alarm-clock setup as she was interessted what I do with my mobile running around in her flat^^ don't know how easy it would be to alter "on-off" states of alarms depending on where I am?!
I am not sure. I would suspect the alarms and their states are stored in some of the SQLite databases, but I don't know for sure. But basically it would probably be possible even without any new features to ProfileMatic with some custom action.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I'm myself using PSM with restore all the time with idle on night condition, and have had no issues. I think there is something about your situation I don't understand.
my default psm state is "Auto 20%" so if profilematic jumps through some cases where the previous of current or even current (idk) had psm "on" now jumps to "Default" psm stays "on" and is not returning to "Auto 20%". Maybe this is because "Default" has a "do not touch anything" setup?! Same goes for ringtone/beep/silent. Returning to 'default' case should trigger what is setup within settings as this is over all never touched and user set, basically the base "previous"!

my default psm state is "Auto 20%" so if profilematic jumps through some cases where the previous of current or even current (idk) had psm "on" now jumps to "Default" psm stays "on" and is not returning to "Auto 20%".
Got it now. I had been under the (apparently faulty) assumption that the platform will remember the "auto" percentage setting.

Same goes for ringtone/beep/silent. Returning to 'default' case should trigger what is setup within settings as this is over all never touched and user set, basically the base "previous"!
This is already fixed in 1.7.1 which was submitted to store (not yet available). I'll try and see if I can fix the PSM setting for the same version tonight and re-submit.

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Fantastic app. I love it!

To disable ALL alarms you could put in custom command:

Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.time /com/nokia/time com.nokia.time.enable_alarms boolean:"false"
WARNING: this will disable ALL alarms and the fact that they are disabled will NOT show in the UI. Your alarms just won't go off.

To enable them:

Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.time /com/nokia/time com.nokia.time.enable_alarms boolean:"true"
To test in terminal if alarms are enabled or not:

Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.time /com/nokia/time com.nokia.time.alarms_enabled
Ajalkane, FYI:

The events (alarms, calendar etc.) are stored as cookies for the timed daemon and they can be queried and changed via dbus. More information here for example.

I tried doing something in python to enable/disable specific alarms but didn't need it enough to spend too much time on it.

The Following User Says Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post:
my default psm state is "Auto 20%" so if profilematic jumps through some cases where the previous of current or even current (idk) had psm "on" now jumps to "Default" psm stays "on" and is not returning to "Auto 20%". Maybe this is because "Default" has a "do not touch anything" setup?! Same goes for ringtone/beep/silent. Returning to 'default' case should trigger what is setup within settings as this is over all never touched and user set, basically the base "previous"!
I probably misunderstood previously. ProfileMatic does not quite work as I think you wished it would work:

When "Default rule" is triggered, it will set-up whatever has been specified in that rule (unless some other rule has set the specific action). It has nothing to do with what user has set in the Settings. ProfileMatic does not (and probably can not) detect what the user has done in the Settings application. If you want some settings that are applied always when no other rule matches, then you must explicitly put them into the Default rule.

The other thing is the working of the "restore previous". I'm not sure, but are you hitting this kind of scenariio. I'm using time based condition as an example as it's easy to understand.

- Initial profile: Ringing 60%
- 10:00 - 11:00: Set beep, restore previous
- 11:00 - 12:00: Set silent, restore previous

Now after 12:00, do you expect the profile to be Ringing 60% because that was the initial profile? The way ProfileMatic works, is that it will be beep. That's because before the last rule before setting to silent the profile was beep, so that's what is restored.