Active Topics

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
I have used EverN9 for a while now even though the developer has abandoned it, as it is the only client available for Evernote on the N9. It was never very good, but it did work.

After I upgraded to PR1.3, apparently no longer. When I try to login, I get the following error:

"Network error occurred. Please, retry."

I tried restarting the device, and I tried

as I do have connection issues on the phone from time to time. However I don't appear to have any other connection issues right now, and this issue with EverN9 won't go away.

Any ideas?

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
I have used EverN9 for a while now even though the developer has abandoned it, as it is the only client available for Evernote on the N9. It was never very good, but it did work.

After I upgraded to PR1.3, apparently no longer. When I try to login, I get the following error:

"Network error occurred. Please, retry."

I tried restarting the device, and I tried

as I do have connection issues on the phone from time to time. However I don't appear to have any other connection issues right now, and this issue with EverN9 won't go away.

Any ideas?
Wait, wait, did you reflash pr1.3 or do it OTA?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Perth, Australia
As per this:
http://blog.evernote.com/tech/2012/0...uthentication/
The app as it is now will fail permanently from November.

Luckily we have the source code so we should be able to fix it.

Doesn't really explain why it fails now (maybe Evernote have revoked its access early or there's some failure in PR1.3) At the very least I can confirm that on my fresh PR1.3 on 3G I get the same so you are not alone.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Pakistan
i dunno about that app but as u guys say that the app has been abandoned, there must have been a compatability issue. This app may not work on pr1.3 ..
no further updates for pr1.3 might have caused the issue. I think network is not the issue. Its the support and compatability.

yeah I did a complete reflash - never ota.

Anyone want to take on the app to get it working?

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Oslo, Norway
Hi, I've started working on it on GitHub.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jpnurmi For This Useful Post:
Great news jpnurmi! I Am not familiar with github but it looks like you have it working now. But under download...s I can find only the sourcecode

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Oslo, Norway
I ended up doing some pretty heavy refactoring. Unfortunately, it'll take some time before there's anything to download. I'm also considering renaming the project so that I'll be able to later publish it in Nokia Store and possibly run on other devices etc. Let's see what the future brings...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpnurmi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jpnurmi View Post
I ended up doing some pretty heavy refactoring. Unfortunately, it'll take some time before there's anything to download. I'm also considering renaming the project so that I'll be able to later publish it in Nokia Store and possibly run on other devices etc. Let's see what the future brings...
Awaiting a well polished Evernote Client for N9. All the Best!!

For now the Evernote mobile web page isn't too bad, as long as you have network connectivity.. you can search by keyword and it's ok. Really looking forward to when you release this app, though.