Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Awwh. This is a lovely thread.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Slovakia
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
the n900 is the first device that I got the impression "DO NOT TOUCH THAT WITH YOUR DIRTY HANDS!!!!" when someone tries to grab it. Call me mean or worst than that but its true! i even have my device lock code about 9+ digits!
hahaha :-) the same here, and I've had considered myself being oversensitive and overprotective :-) But this device is so precious to me that I treat it almost as a part of my family, and certainly better than some of my colleagues. :-D

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jotun For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by jotun View Post
hahaha :-) the same here, and I've had considered myself being oversensitive and overprotective :-) But this device is so precious to me that I treat it almost as a part of my family, and certainly better than some of my colleagues. :-D
Although it has accompanied me in urban and real jungles I take extreme care in maintaining this last of its kind in good shape.

While the HP iPaq with Windows Mobile (the one with chrome, needed it for nav only - luckily) was the first ever mobile device that actually really made me grin when it first hit the tarmac hard and showed some deep scratches (take this, b*) , I have succeeded not to drop a single N900 since I have started a polygamous relationship with the N900 in Jan '10 and beyond.

In unguarded moments I can't stand anybody curiously grabbing it then sliding it back over a table instead of picking it up and putting it down respectfully.

And when their unknowing minds have tried to form a perception of its genius concept, their greasy pawns return it always more sticky.

After girlfriend has taken a shower she can eventually borrow it to play a few sessions of Mahjong.

I wonder how long it will take for N900 and Maemo to be forgotten and Apple to announce a Maemo 5 clone as revolutionary new OS.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Another happy n900 user

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Slovakia
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
I wonder how long it will take for N900 and Maemo to be forgotten and Apple to announce a Maemo 5 clone as revolutionary new OS.
well i think Maemo will never be forgotten :-) and Apple would not use it or reinvent it as they reinvent videocalling HaHaHa :-) because this Maemo beast is real OS and not just a play console for dumb kidlike users. We are here in control of everything while iOS doesn' allw you to change or mod anything...just touch,type and shut the f*k up. :-) as great Steve said " and Boom..and you're there"

I am not hater, after all symbians i had iPhone for about 4 moths 2 years ago. Than after nokia made N900 i had corrected myself :-D

... so everyone please stand in a circle, and move your left hand to the person on your left....

sheeze - ppl complain about iphone fanatics, but substitute "n900" for "iphoneX" and this thread looks exactly like threads from "that other place"...

talk about threads with no content...

I have to say, Maemo is a fairly clunky OS, and can be slow at times. But it is still my favorite OS, because of the sheer versatility of it. True, there are not as many apps available. But if there isn't an app, it's easy to make one - or just write a Python script to do it. I am getting paranoid now they are out of production - maybe I should buy a second one on eBay in case a hardware component goes bad!

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
I bought the almighty SGS2 and used it past 2 weeks. Then I sold it and am back to using my N900 for the same reasons as you pretty much. (and MicroB)

I do miss the 4.3" SAMOLED+ screen and watching HD videos on it though.
Wow. That is just wrong.
N900 fanboys are worse than apple and android fanboys put together.

The Following User Says Thank You to tenkom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by tenkom View Post
Wow. That is just wrong.
N900 fanboys are worse than apple and android fanboys put together.
haha. You are completely wrong there. Not saying SGS2 is bad at all. In fact, it is better in sooooo many things. (of course considering it came out nearly 2 years after N900) But yeah, it's not something unique really. It's just a faster Android phone. Nothing more.

For the things I so, iPhone/Android just can't do what N900 allows me to do. I can copy/cut/paste text and manipulate text in blogs, forums 10 times faster (well, feels like 100 times) than ANY phone using N900 with MicroB, Clipman, camkeyd. When you can do this faster or at same speed as N900 on other phones, you let me know. I can make SGS2 look SUPER slow compared to my N900 with my usage pattern of utilizing multiple web pages, wordpress etc and doing a lot of editing text.

In fact, MicroB is pretty much the only browser that highlights text within the browser that the webpage code actually knows about. Also, it's the only one with a true virtual mouse pointer just like a desktop pc for selecting objects, hovering, highlighting text etc.

With my N900, I can also leave the video (xvid avi) playing in the background while I browse the web / sms someone and then come back without it ever pausing. (I do this very often)

I use what is good for my needs. Not because I'm a fan of it.
Soon as something better comes out, I won't even look back at the N900.
(something that allows me to browse the web as efficiently as N900 or better with updated hw)

Last edited by jakiman; 2011-05-20 at 06:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
C'mon guys , N900 is obsolete !
If you still posting "lovely stories" about n900 , I'll buy it today !!

Tags
maemo envy ->, thats lovely