Hi i have been reading here, and there is a lot o ppl saying their n900 works perfectly mine doesnt work perfect, actually mine really suck, so im getting another phone, but i dont know if i should sale my n900, or keep it, i mean i would like to read your thoughts, i know there is ppl in here that have the n900 and a phone, how exactly does it work? when or for what do u use the n900? because my new phone does everything i need and better so? i would like to have an opinion from someone that has the n900 and another phone, the thing is that in my country the n900 is not popular not even close, almost no one knows it, so if i wanna sale it, i would have to sale it really cheap, i bought it in NY Nokia Flagship Store for $621 (w taxes) so i dont think anyone will pay not even close of what the phone worth soooo... im thinkig is it worthy to keep it? i think i'll keep it anyway but i would like to get opinions...

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Never have just one phone!

The Following User Says Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
Never have just one phone!
How do u make it work? do u have more than one line? i only have one line, i use only one phone how do u use more than one?

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
maybe you tell us whats wrong with your n900?did you flash the fiasco and emmcs?
it helps really much try it

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

get the n9

Hmmm its hard to reply to the OP properly because you don't list what you find wrong with your phone, but instead I'll tackle with my use of 2 (actually more) devices

I guess it is about the use you have in mind for the device to fulfil.

For example when I brought the N900 it was to replace my Zaurus 5600. Cheap sim contracts just means I can have my other gadget thingy online without going through the battery draining hell of BT tethering

I would find it really difficult to have any smart phone as my all in one (James Bond) device as right now battery life is so poor on them.

Personally my current combo of E71 and N900 is my favourite so far.

The E71 is always online with Skype, MSN, Gmail, Ovi Mail, Exchange and it needs charging ~ 3 to 4 days. That includes use of phone work calls. Ofc it being a fully encrypted device is very important for work too!

The N900 is my multimedia device. I use it for reading ebooks, watching videos, browsing the web on the move and for taking non-confidential notes. I don't mind killing the battery on it as it isn't my main communication device.

The only thing that does bug me about the above duo is recording videos as the N900 stutters every 10 secs or so. But hey I like the Bat Belt Methodology (TM) and it would be hard for any smart phone to beat the Kodak Playsport for an all round cheap, hardy and waterproof video camera

Go Android dude. Or if you can wait, wait for WP7.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
@CYPHERIC

I don't know ow long you have owned your N900 but all I can say is I had my doubts & frustrations early on and I have really come to appreciate my N900.

The device is complex and not really like any other 'phone' but its capabilities, speed and flexibility are immense once you get to know it.

Asking for help on this forum can be daunting as some of the members are in another class of technical aility, but use the search facility first, do your own research as much as possible, read the wiki on how & where to post and then ask simple questions.

Most members will then treat you with the repect you deserve as a fellow user and offer help & guidance.

I have no programming/coding knowledge, average computer ability yet I never needed to start a new thread here. I have picked up all I need to know by hanging out with the big kids on this forum and learning as I go.

I use my N900 every day for business & pleasure and don't carry a second device. My N900 is reliable, has good battery life and almost never crashes. I use it for browsing, email, social networking and playing music & podcasts. Apart from gaming (not my thing) I don't know what else one could ask from a device.

Don't get me wrong: N900 has its flaws, disadvantages and bugs but so do all devices. Nokia may not be doing all they could to support N900, either...

Persevere - and remember that although no phone is forever this community will prolong the useful life of this fascinating device for some years to come.

Where else are you going to get all that?

Last edited by NokTokDaddy; 2010-08-14 at 05:42. Reason: Damn typos...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NokTokDaddy For This Useful Post:
Well, you could look at it this way... Get a phone, and keep your ultraportable N900 computer. You'll struggle to find as much computing power at a lower weight.

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
What is a "ppl"?

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
sinking-ship, vote-with-$$$, whining, who cares?