Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Aaah it seems that I cant compile it. Tried a billion times v17 for that 1 week+ that past but I always run into errors. Mozilla-beta(v18 and up) cant be compiled at all beacause Maemo SDK has one version of gcc and mozilla requires newer than that...

Last edited by tanago; 2012-12-07 at 12:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Pernik, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by napaDokc View Post
your site is down the repository as well, at least I cannot connect

props for the work though! I'll give it a go once I get the fennec_17
Thank you.
The site had some issues, but I think that it's fine now.
Can you please try again?

The Following User Says Thank You to vevgeniev For This Useful Post:
Hey all Today I build Fennec 18 for our beloved N900 and now Im writing this through it. I made a quick benchmark comparison between it and MicroB and the results are ~7700 ms (fennec 18) and ~21000(microB) - SunSpider Benchmark which shows that Fennec 18 is ~3x faster than MicroB. But here comes the problem - screen updating & scrolling in v18 are bugged which is very irritating. For example you want to scroll down - you drag your finger across the screen and expect the page to move with it, but it moves it when you take your finger away from the touchscreen. The build I made is very basic ( 5-6 lines mozconfig file) but I will try to make others(1 build takes ~4 hours...) with some optimizations and see what will come out

Edit: I cannot distribute it because its with official branding

Edit2: Does anybody know where I can get gstreamer 0.10.33+ for the Maemo SDK so I can build Fennec with gstreamer support?

Last edited by tanago; 2013-01-10 at 21:18.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tanago View Post
Edit2: Does anybody know where I can get gstreamer 0.10.33+ for the Maemo SDK so I can build Fennec with gstreamer support?
@tanago, gstreamer-0.10.33.tar

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tiran For This Useful Post:
I've currently got an old (very old) version of Fennec v7.1 (just never bothered updating).
I've now got Vladislav's catalogue set up (as per the guide linked to in wiki), so I'm being told by fapman there's a new version available (v17.01).
I'm given the option to upgrade but fapman then tells me it's failed because there's a problem with my connection (highly unlikely) or there's a problem with my catalogues. If it's finding the new version then I can't se how the fault lies there either.
Any ideas?
Thankees.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tanago View Post
Seems gst-0.10.33 needs glib >=2.22. More pressure on: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1237356

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
Seems gst-0.10.33 needs glib >=2.22. More pressure on: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1237356
These are armel packages, for the maemo SDK we need x86 and yes compiling gstreamer needs newer than glib2.0...

Edit: Now Im going off to work and I left the PC to compile Fennec with some optimizations but still without gstreamer support, hopefully there will be no errors so I can upload it and you will be able to test it

Last edited by tanago; 2013-01-11 at 10:39.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Here is Fennec 18! Still scrolling is bugged and it is not suitable for everyday use (which is my purpose-to replace MicroB!) fennec_18.0_armel.deb - 14.7 MB

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
hello,
Sorry I'm a newbie but is this an unofficial update for firefox or is it a completely different application ?
if it is firefox, will it replace the version I currently have on my phone ?
btw nice post thank again !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mric For This Useful Post:
Yes, this is unofficial update of Firefox for Maemo (Fennec) It will replace Fennec/Firefox in your phone! This build is for testing because it has a bug in the scrolling so you will be much likely to want to revert to your current version of fennec.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:

Tags
fennec, firefox mobile