Notices

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Brilliant work, thanks! Are you planning to get it in the harbour?

Yes it's in the QA queue right now

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to accumulator For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by accumulator View Post
* links are now colored according to theme
THIS!

Thank you!

BTW, just wondering, did you ask dicksonleong before pushing to OpenRepos and Jolla Store?

It's now showing up in Jolla Store

And since I already posted: I noticed that pressing Play on a finished gifv redownloads it, or so the animation suggests. Could this be fixed? Thanks in advance

update imminent

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to accumulator For This Useful Post:
Thank you sooooo much!!!!! (hint: long press a comment to hide whole circlejerky thread, works so nicely)

Have to ask though, anyone getting images stuck at 0% and never loading. Playing today with network monitor noticed there is bandwidth used in the background, so it looks like quickddit issue (happens rarely fresh after start, then becomes persistent like every second pic won't load, you can retry few times and eventually it will load, open in browser works every time so think it is quickddit bug)

Hah, good, you found the long press functionality. I was slightly worried if it was discoverable enough. And I'm not really planning to start writing a manual.

Regarding image and video previews, yes, there's some issues there. I haven't seen exactly what you describe, but I've seen videos playing choppy while showing 0-1% progress, or images not displaying if their size is too big. I'll have to dig a bit deeper in AnimatedImage and related QML types to see if I can poke them in a better way.

The Following User Says Thank You to accumulator For This Useful Post:
The black issue on big images throws this I believe:
Code:
[W] qt_png_warning:499 - libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
[D] CustomContext::HybrisTexture::bind:313 - Error after glEGLImageTargetTex
ture2DOES 501
Tested with Tweetian and image that bugs out in quickddit worked fine there. Tweetian uses Image rather than AnimatedImage though

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Thanks very much for the updates!

One issue I've noticed (just a small annoyance really), is that whichever network connection is in use when the app is first run becomes the only connection that the app will attempt to use.

If I have the app running, and leave home, and the phone switches from WLAN to mobile data, I have to quit and reload before the fetching of any network resources (comments/images/posts etc.) works again.

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
[D] CustomContext::HybrisTexture::bind:313 - Error after glEGLImageTargetTex
[/code]

Tested with Tweetian and image that bugs out in quickddit worked fine there. Tweetian uses Image rather than AnimatedImage though
Exactly right. The QML Image object has the sourceSize.X and Y properties that can scale the source to within what GL can take. AnimatedImage made those properties read-only, so we can't preprocess what gets sent to GL unfortunately. Hence the HybrisTexture error.

Currently, it's a choice between showing a static image always, or animated image always but with big picture bugged.

That, or fetching the image first, analyze it, and show one of Image/AnimatedImage. In other words, it's hard to work around, it should be fixed in AnimatedImage.

Originally Posted by mattaustin View Post
Thanks very much for the updates!

One issue I've noticed (just a small annoyance really), is that whichever network connection is in use when the app is first run becomes the only connection that the app will attempt to use
It's only Qt http I use, if there's any networking quirks popping up, it's unlikely something quickddit specific. I personally haven't had any problems switching between wifi and 3g

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to accumulator For This Useful Post: