Mine has the same two spots.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
Mine also has the same two spots, the one in the middle the brighter of the two.

I got 2 white spots on screen too , but it seems almost everyone got them , so I can live with it .

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North Carolina, USA
Ive got the same problem. Two bright spots, one center and the other just to the right of it. Could this be a software issue since so many are experiencing the same? Maybe it could be fixed.

Dell 1420 Linux Mint 9
Nokia N900 Maemo5/NITdroid

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
@ davbost, it's definately not a software issue.. can't be solved unless you change the LCD screen.. but it would be pointless as they will come back.. I think it's caused by some components heating up at those two locations..

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
@ davbost, it's definately not a software issue.. can't be solved unless you change the LCD screen.. but it would be pointless as they will come back.. I think it's caused by some components heating up at those two locations..
sad, i have 2 of those :/ quite annoying when browsing the web.
it only shows on white for me.
i was thinking of replacing the screen, buying a new one doesnt sound like a great idea either.

The Following User Says Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
i have had this problem twice....first time i also had broken usb so nokia repair replaced the phone....about 2 months ago i took my phone in with the white blobs problem and they replaced a module....then last month 4 weeks after the repair they came back again.!!!!
Quite annoying especially when trying to use the camera or broswe the web.....looks like a 3rd visit back to nokia repair.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
Originally Posted by neotalk View Post
i have had this problem twice....first time i also had broken usb so nokia repair replaced the phone....about 2 months ago i took my phone in with the white blobs problem and they replaced a module....then last month 4 weeks after the repair they came back again.!!!!
Quite annoying especially when trying to use the camera or broswe the web.....looks like a 3rd visit back to nokia repair.
strange that the white blobs were gone, even only for 4 weeks, without changing the screen, but changing some module.
so either the damage to the screen is not permanent, or they did change the screen.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Finland
my white spot on screen almost disappeared when i fixed my n900 slider that got stuck. so i disassembled the whole thing just out of curiosity and cleaned everything with CRC dust off (can of compressed DRY air)
EDIT: now the spot is barely visible.

The Following User Says Thank You to KetkuFIN For This Useful Post:
I sent my N900 for LCD replacement. The device came back and I now have 2 white spots at exactly the same places as many others.

I never seen this before I will take apart my phone to see why.... this time I will be more careful not to snap the screws.....