Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
At all? I thought it was only 4G that didn't work. If that's the case,then what's the problem?
Unfortunately only get 2g as far as I can tell. On wikipedia there is information about tmobile having a gsm 1900 Mhz PCS band that is supposed to have 3G or better but that doesn't seem to work with my Jolla phone (gsmarena states that Jolla phone uses 1900 for 3G). Anways, just to double check I stuck my Tmobile sim card back in Jolla phone and drove around to see what signal I could get. The best I could get was 2g. As I live in the Washington DC area I don't think I can do much better elsewhere in US but who knows...

Just to remind myself of the difference in performance I did a few time tests comparing Jolla phone and Galaxy Note 3

..............................Jolla............... ...Note 3
Updating Email ........4 s.....................1 s
refreshing Maps......15-20 s...............3 sec
Start Vimeo............couldn't.............. 13s (vimeo streams music videos)
Load Maemo talk... 10s to 15s..........3s
Load XDA ...............40 s............. 7s to 10s (loads up a lot of ads)

I guess the good news for folks visting the US is that you should be able to check email (but not transfer large files). If you have a little patience you should be able to read maemo threads. But video conference with your Yorkshire lass is out. Good thing you can still turn to mameo talk for consolation!

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ culpeper,va.
Thanks guys for replay, I know I can preorder but she leaves on Monday, and Jolla shop states 2-3 weeks for shipping, so no a chance to order.

On the subject about 3G I think Tmobile-US operate on 2100mhz that is the Lte frequency also.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by geektech View Post
Thanks guys for replay, I know I can preorder but she leaves on Monday, and Jolla shop states 2-3 weeks for shipping, so no a chance to order.

On the subject about 3G I think Tmobile-US operate on 2100mhz that is the Lte frequency also.
I think you need both 1700 and 2100 together for LTE to work on Tmobile. 1700 is missing on Jolla phone.

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4988

Is LTE actually functioning on Jolla phone?