Got the dreaded telephony disabled error message, sent it to Nokia repair & got a N8 back as a replacement.

Not very happy with this, so contacted escalations and they've offered an E7 instead. I'm still gutted because I want a N900/Maemo/Meego phone not Symbian.

They've said they can't do anything other than offer me a replacement phone because they haven't got any parts. I even asked for a refurb, but no joy. Has anyone on here use an E7 and how does it compare to the N900?

Do you think it's worth asking for a N9? Problem is, there's no UK release date for it yet and I need a decent smartphone like, now!

Any advice or feedback would be must appreciated.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean_uk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
I think that this thread is exactly what you need

Nokia E7 vs N900 - Hands-on

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zifis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
my fiancee has a N900 like myself, but she bought an E7 today.

will get it next week.

read the review mentioned above, this made us decide to get one.

edit: thinking ill keep her N900 as a spare/testing device since theyre getting rare.

Last edited by F2thaK; 2011-07-21 at 13:36.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Perhaps you could ask for a N950 or N9...

A E7 "smartphone" is never a replacement for a N900 mobile computer!

If they are unable, what about asking for enought money to buy a new Device at Amazon?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Dean_uk View Post
Got the dreaded telephony disabled error message, sent it to Nokia repair & got a N8 back as a replacement.

Not very happy with this, so contacted escalations and they've offered an E7 instead. I'm still gutted because I want a N900/Maemo/Meego phone not Symbian.

They've said they can't do anything other than offer me a replacement phone because they haven't got any parts. I even asked for a refurb, but no joy. Has anyone on here use an E7 and how does it compare to the N900?

Do you think it's worth asking for a N9? Problem is, there's no UK release date for it yet and I need a decent smartphone like, now!

Any advice or feedback would be must appreciated.
Same thing happened to me. I told them I'm not accepting an E7, it just doesn't do what I need.

It's been almost two weeks and still waiting for an answer from them...

Regards

The Following User Says Thank You to damnshock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
An E7 might be more usable with the SPB Mobile Shell. Also a lot of everyday apps are available easily. PuTTY is also available, just remember to download it from sourceforge, because the version in Ovi Store ISN'T FREE and possibly is a fake or something as well, due to negative reviews.

I was sent an E7 too, to my chagrin, but then I found perhaps the last shop in Finland that still had one unused N900. The shop agreed to swap their N900 for the E7 ^_^
Obviously the E7 is a bit more expensive, but my original N900 had 1 year warranty left and now I'm getting 2 years. Then again if the new one breaks, I'll be SOL...

...unless N9 has been released and I can bother Nokia enough. Which is pretty unlikely.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by damnshock View Post
Same thing happened to me. I told them I'm not accepting an E7, it just doesn't do what I need.

It's been almost two weeks and still waiting for an answer from them...

Regards
You can wait until the end of the world, the verdict probably doesn't change.

We still have probably the best consumer protection laws in Finland and such switch is perfectly fine says our law. Just sell your E7 with sealed package and buy used N900.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
You can wait until the end of the world, the verdict probably doesn't change.

We still have probably the best consumer protection laws in Finland and such switch is perfectly fine says our law. Just sell your E7 with sealed package and buy used N900.
Well, I still hope they actually find a solution (either find an N900 or give me and N950 or N9).

Couldn't complain if next week they offer me an n950, could I?

Let's see what happens

Regards

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
well my N900 is also at nokia care.. they could not repair it. and i think they will replace it with N8. i'll accept it only becoz it has already taken a month long time to replace. i don't want another month for E7.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by Dean_uk View Post
Sell E7 as new.
Then either:
- Buy N900 or
- Wait and buy N9

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post: