Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
First, before announcing my vote I'd like to appreciate all the nice entries to this months contest.

#1.saponga - N900
The handrail makes really nice lead-in to the picture. rest of the image is a bit cluttered and unrestful, but nice shot of a sunny day anyway.

#2.pichlo - Jolla
All in all to small, I cannot make out details which is shame as landscapes should be about detail. Clouds are nice, adding a bit of windy feeling to the landscape.

#3.jellyroll - Nexus 5
This one is also too small, cannot make out detail. Very symmetrical image which would benefit from more detail.

#4.catbus - N9
A bit dark, moody but hopeful. The bottom catchlight of the sun nuder the branch is a wonderful detail. Very well and evenly captured for a difficult shot where you have deep shadows and sun in the same range.

#5.chenliangchen - BB Priv
Very restful evening capture. There's a lot of detail but a bit blurred. Black mountains against bright sky make a nice backdrop for the city. The towers on both edges seem to be leaning a bit inward.

#6.juiceme - Jolla
What can I say? as uncorrected image it is pretty horrible; Whitebalance is all shot to blue and detail is blurred. (it seems the lens coating on my camera is damaged)

#7.robthebold - N9 using Camera+
Very still, nice reflections. The do-not-skate detail adds humour nicely. Lots of detail and nice even coloured areas, only sky has burned a bit too much.

#8.mosen - N8
Good leading in the picture left-right. Bridge is nice altough the red supports should maybe be more prominent.

#9.briest - N9
Foggy background is nice for the long house. A bit dark in overall, would benefit from some catchlight.

#10.hrbani - N9
Very good idea, the busy birds are intresting. The transparent one in midflight is very good catch. Would benefit hugely from better background.

#11.pasko - N9
Too small image, cannot make out detail. The black-and-white winter forest is well captured, except for the bit too distracting lower right corner.

#12. paolo_3_1415926 - Nexus 5
Very nice light, altough shadows are a bit too deep. The beach line and boar make nice detail.

#13.rm250j - Iphone 6
Again too small image, cannot make out any detail. Very well balanced image that could be very good in larger size.

#14.ste-phan - 808 PW
Way too small image. The lighting is excellent and colours come out striking. mass-balancing is really good and the picture pushes out of the backbround really well. Oh how I only wish this was larger!

And finally my candidate; My vote goes to the last picture, #14
(but it is only because it is so good, this is absolutely last time I want to EVER see so many too small images, huh?)

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Ok... It will be weird if we have more pictures than votes. Come on !!!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
I'll go for #12 - paolo

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bencoh For This Useful Post:
(someone dropped books from the bookshelf - ".----")

so i vote for... {drums...} #1 - saponga

i didn't look "too" close, just little colors, white balance and "mood"...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
All in all to small, I cannot make out details which is shame as landscapes should be about detail.
This one is also too small, cannot make out detail.
Too small image, cannot make out detail.
Again too small image, cannot make out any detail.
Way too small image. Oh how I only wish this was larger!
this is absolutely last time I want to EVER see so many too small images, huh?
Perhaps you could benefit from viewing the entries on a larger screen?

Landscape should be about detail? That is new to me. Landscape should be about, well, a landscape. That by definition means wide vistas at a long distance. I would go as far as saying that landscape and detail are contradictory terms (although I admit that some contradictions can be interesting)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Finland
Many great entries this month. I find it hard to decide which one I like most, but I think my favourite is #6 (juiceme) even though the
whitebalance sure sucks
. I <3 snow

Last edited by jollailija; 2016-03-03 at 18:54. Reason: fixed tags

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jollailija For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
My vote for: #8 mosen

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Landscape should be about detail? That is new to me. Landscape should be about, well, a landscape. That by definition means wide vistas at a long distance. I would go as far as saying that landscape and detail are contradictory terms (although I admit that some contradictions can be interesting)
Arrgh, I am absolutely and totally against that notion!

The whole tradition of landscape photography is about resolution and detail, even today the most celebrated landscape photographers use large-format plate-film cameras!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
Here are the delayed results of voting.

1st place - ste-phan, 5 votes (robthebold,
imaginaryenemy, briest, The Wizard of Huz,
juiceme)

Taken with a Nokia 808 PW

2nd place - paolo_3_1415926 , 3 votes (mosen, pichlo, bencoh)

3rd place - catbus, juiceme, mosen, 2 votes (Half-Life_4_Life, saponga, kapu2, jollailija)

4th place - saponga, pichlo, 1 vote (catbus, paolo_3_1415926)

As always, thank you so much for participating and making TMO a bit more friendlier place. We got so many entries this month, and I hope the trend continues.
Congrats to ste-phan and I hope he'll choose a nice theme for this month.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
If timetable/weather/"home situations"/and so on with the list... are possible And "topic" suits for... count me in... This was fun and nice to see so many good pictures!!!

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, competition, february, landscapes, phone