Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Reducing price by any means does not mean release a faulty product. The first and only one for the company.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by ThomasAH View Post
Well, as Amboss said, no one is forcing you to do or buy anything. If you don't like it, just walk away. Certainly, no one here will miss you, since you don't actually ever deliver any constructive criticism, but always negative assumptions, doom-thinking, and repeating for very selective topics how 'it was better during the "old days"'. I think we are fully capable of doing that without you, thanks
Even so I also dislike all the negativity in his contributions in this thread, I think it's horribly wrong to tell good old members of this forum, that they shall leave. We are few enough and just because my opinion is a different one on one thing it's ridiculous to try to push people away.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post

---8<---snip---8<------8<---snip---8<------8<---snip---8<---

"if you don't like - don't buy it" - isn't a proper marketing strategy. especially for a very-niche product.

---8<---snip---8<------8<---snip---8<------8<---snip---8<---
Could you tell us something about your childhood?

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following User Says Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
[...] We are few enough and just because my opinion is a different one on one thing it's ridiculous to try to push people away.
I disagree, because IMO there never was a substantial or constructive statement by @shaihkritzer, plus "at least Dave was funny" (partially).
Just wild chains of "jumping to conclusions" arguments and the best knowledge of "how markets work" ever ( ).
This is a special kind of spamming for me (and I perceived that similarly with Dave's postings long ago, but he did improve before he vanished), cluttering over relevant content.

Even more importantly, I never had the impression that the postings were intended to contain anything constructive.

But his reaction was as expected, underpinning that the reasons for his postings likely not primarily lie in the technical or marketing realm.

Last edited by olf; 2019-08-31 at 16:35.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:

there's no need of optimizing use of _3rd party_ _aftermarket_ things like screen protectors. they will waste time and money to optimize it for Elephone screen protector, tomorrow somebody will buy another screen protector from another device and here we go again - there's a problem to fix!
Maybe he has mixed up things:
"Elephone U Pro and the F(x)tec Pro share the same display, which is why the Elephone U Pro screen protectors are compatible with the F(x).)"

As far as I have understood, Chen's optimization of display installation has nothing to do with screen protectors.

Shaihkritzer can use any screen protectors he may find to fit for F(x)tec Pro without needing any further optimization of the installation of the display module.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
There are possibly more people out there sharing shaihkritzers opinion and maybe even lurking.
Personal ridicule is a counter productive measure.

Just have faith that if you express your counter opinion, readers will make up their mind themselves.

Fixing the screen bleed was a must to not taint the overall very worthy appearance of the Pro1.
Sophisticated and demanding buyers might consider it as a fault and cause more cost with warranty/return claims then the fix of the cause.
They aim at premium quality at lowest price.
Not lowest possible price after all.

Originally Posted by Holter View Post
Hi,
I'm an little concerned about this "Light leaking issue": It does not affect useability or longevitiy in any way, but you invested time and money to modify a component, that could have been bought and used off the shelf?
Welcome to TMO Holter!
Thanks for participating, the more the merrier.

The screen actually is an off the shelf part and the same as in Elephant U phone. Are you asking why FXtec did not swap the whole display unit for another one instead of fixing the current one?

Last edited by mosen; 2019-08-31 at 17:04.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Heik View Post

As far as I have understood, Chen's optimization of display installation has nothing to do with screen protectors.
Yes! This! Maybe Shaithkritzer english is as bad as mine. But he can write and I can read...

So we can be pair as Finnish police officers? ( i know, bad joke, but have to do something to clean air... )

Sorry OT

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
we still don't know the price
It seems to be 699$ now if viewed from american VPN exit. Netman and Noir over at discord made me aware.
For Germany it only changed by 0,2€ to 649,20€.

The rumor was price change was to be expected today.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
2. why do some regions get lower price just because of that? is there any special love to germans or so? do I have to own german citizenship to save 50 euros or just need to receive it within german borders?
I have only checked from germany.
Maybe participate and check if FX loves poland too?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
okay. any opinion which is not same as yours or at least not same as majority's - is a spam! sounds like USSR or North Korea. do you have roots from there?

I never used any screen protectors ever. It's totally pointless since it's physics and if you place two pieces of glass/plastic together, it doesn't make it shock-proof and unbreakable. if you drop your phone, most likely your display will break along with or apart from the screen protector. but okay, people tend to believe in various absurd marketing-lies stuff like "plastic = mineral glass", "plastic glass can be tempered", "tempered glass somehow tougher than not-tempered when it's thinner than 4mm", "tempered glass for some reason is scratch-resistant" and so on.

so even regardless any of this obvious reasons not to optimize anything just because of sticky piece of transparent plastic, why do they optimize something just because of that?

simply explain how this kind of optimization would help people who doesn't use screen protectors or carry their phones inside plastic bag like it's 1990s again.
If you scroll up to the top of this page (216) you can find the posting from @Heik which nicely explains that there has been no talk of any "optimizing for screen protector".

You mixed up 2 things;
  • 1. There was mentioning that the screen is same as Elephant phone which means people who want screen protector can use such meant for that phone
  • 2. There is a light leak problem with the Elephant phone, and this is to be corrected to the screen module so there will be no leaks in fxpro.

See, no optimizing is being done for screen protectors

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit