Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Is there anyone out there sufficiently bored to port a decent Usenet newsreader to the 770?

Pan would be nice (but probably overkill), or slrn (although I don't think that one has offline capability). It would probably be advisable not to default it to download the entire list of newsgroups of a particular server, as those lists tend to be humongous these days, but to give the user the possibility to manually enter the newsgroups he wants.

Ideal would be a combination of leafnode and slrn on the 770, or would that be too much to ask for?

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Mexico, USA
"Pan" is already available... but I can't remember where I saw it.

Omega

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by omegaone37
"Pan" is already available... but I can't remember where I saw it.

Omega
Are you kidding?!? Where? Where? WHere?

Decent usenet reading would be for me a killer app (besides what we already have such as Maemo Mapper, Bloglines 770, Del.icio.us 770, Nflick etc.)

it shows up in my applications to install if you have the repository catalogs entered from http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ApplicationRepositories

Just installed it too. I thought it was going to be a port of a console reader (like slrn or pine) but it's actually a nice-looking GUI app...

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens
Pan would be nice (but probably overkill), or slrn (although I don't think that one has offline capability).
I've installed "pan" but it disappointed me (too buggy and too heavy, ~ 2Mb).

You can find it in the repositories (look in wiki at maemo.org)

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
I haven't my 770 with me, and won't have it for a couple of weeks (white screen...), is there any way to see this? Port homepage, someone to post screenshots etc..?

Thanks!

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by spycedtx
it shows up in my applications to install if you have the repository catalogs entered from http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ApplicationRepositories
I don't see it. Probably because I haven't upgraded to 2006 yet (and I won't, certainly not until at least abiword and Gnumeric are ported, and the BT keyboard works as it does under 2005).

Originally Posted by mpancorbo
I've installed "pan" but it disappointed me (too buggy and too heavy, ~ 2Mb).

You can find it in the repositories (look in wiki at maemo.org)
I can't find it.

If you add the first few repositories on this page :
https://maemo.org/maemowiki/ApplicationRepositories

to your apps manager, you will find it in the list.