I solved my broken NIT! (corrected from ITT- See post #67)

I set the flasher ready to compile in Terminal, then pluged in usb as the borked flash did it's loops. Apparently it was connected long enough to flash back on the original card. This was a clean install to try the cloning, so I did not lose anything.

This next time I will pay closer attention and see where I went wrong.....

Last edited by BoredOOMM; 2008-04-16 at 04:58. Reason: Corrected ITT to read NIT

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by BoredOOMM View Post
I solved my broken ITT!
Great, glad to hear it!

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

So after following the steps again, it just doesn't work. I can't get past that error in step 10 (unmounting I believe doesn't really solve the problem).

My internal memory does report as the size I want, but I can't get the device memory to show up correctly and now booting up from mmc2 just stops once the blue bar is completly loaded at the Nokia splash. It's in a frozen state from there, leaving me have to take out the battery to force it to turn off.

How do I reset the partitions completly so I can begin anew?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Two additional pieces of info. (I'm skipping some steps such as cping files from one directory to another since they should've already been done from the first time I followed the directions unless the scripts delete the files or such). But the script reports that the tar is impossibly old (like 1990 or something like that). Not sure if that causes an error and what not.

Also when doing the first partitioning after doing so it's said if something about foo something when it comes to redoing FAT partitions. Could this be, what's killing the process?

Edit: At the screen, when booting from mmc it just stays stuck there and then it resets and boots into flash.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2008-04-16 at 03:00.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Laughing Man, I'm replying just 'cause I figure it's lonely, in the midst of the frustration, to post twice over that long a period and not get a response. But I don't know what is wrong, and, as we see, nobody else has offered any ideas either. I can't even tell if your problem arises from the initfs install (in the device) or from the cloning (on the MMC). You won't like this, but all I can suggest is starting from scratch, including the low-level format, doing every step, and reporting here as soon as something doesn't match what's expected.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
In some situations, one can go thru the whole process without any error message, but it still fails to boot, then one needs the panasonic low level formatting. This is the situations with some cards, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ight=panasonic

That seems to be the case with binjinx a couple posts up.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-04-16 at 06:38.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by BoredOOMM View Post
I solved my broken ITT!
It's interesting how "ITT" seems to be cropping up more and more as a "replacement" for "NIT" or "IT".

Just so everybody is clear going forward, "ITT" is the initialism for internet tablet TALK (more properly abbreviated "itT", but "ITT" is my way of sticking it to Reggie and his suspect capitalization practices. ), "NIT" for Nokia Internet Tablet, and "IT" for "Internet Tablet".

Only the last two can be used to refer to an Internet Tablet device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
It's interesting how "ITT" seems to be cropping up more and more as a "replacement" for "NIT" or "IT".

Just so everybody is clear going forward, "ITT" is the initialism for internet tablet TALK (more properly abbreviated "itT", but "ITT" is my way of sticking it to Reggie and his suspect capitalization practices. ), "NIT" for Nokia Internet Tablet, and "IT" for "Internet Tablet".

Only the last two can be used to refer to an Internet Tablet device.
ITT was a phone company gone bad years ago too!

I have corrected my post. Thanks!

So if we know a lot about them, do we have "NIT-wit"? (humor attempt there!)

The Following User Says Thank You to BoredOOMM For This Useful Post:
Followed steps using PQI 2gb 60x card and everything works flawless vs the PQI 8gb SDHC card !!! There a thread for working non working cards?

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
In some situations, one can go thru the whole process without any error message, but it still fails to boot, then one needs the panasonic low level formatting. This is the situations with some cards, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ight=panasonic

That seems to be the case with binjinx a couple posts up.

bun
No this wasnt the case with me if you actually read my post you'd see I DID IN FACT LLF with the panasonic tool and another LLF tool I use. I also tried 4 DIFFERENT SD media read/writers (SD and SDHC units) and over 12 different attempts making sure I didnt miss or screw up anything

The PQI 8gb SDHC is just not working at this time. I've tried 2 other cards now a 2gb PQI 60x, and a 16gb Patriot (which I wish was mine cause it def boots fast vs 2gb)