Looking for atleast six nokia 800 owners to try and figure out this KISMET issue (timming out of sorts) looking for THREE that have it fully working and THREE that dont have it fully working.

Fully Working means kismet runs without any screen garbage/errors poping up after 10mins of letting the unit scan and no user interaction with the unit (no touching, no button pressing, nothing just let it sit and scan after you launch/run it for 10 mins) (freshly flashed system with just xterm, kismet is what is ideal (gainroot is fine also))

Will need to collect the following information:
Inside or Outter MMC slot being used?
Format of MMC card (fat, ext2fs, etc.)?
Command Line options if any when launching kismet?
Repository or Compiled Kismet?
Any other extra Libs installed?

Nevermind traced it back to using the wrong xterm

Originally Posted by binjinx View Post
Nevermind traced it back to using the wrong xterm
Just when I was going to start giving you information too. (well after running kismet for 30 minutes)

Ok theres still issues this is what i have noticed, guessing cause it's still a N770 compiled app working on a N800

Kismet still crashes when started WITHOUT a active connection already going on.

First time ever today i had kismet running a soild 30mins nonstop going from home to work and that was only due to starting kismet while i had the active connection at home and forgot to shut it off

Anyone else claiming that it works for them wanna give it a shot reboot your machine and turn off wifi and then run kismet let me know the results (this is the issue EVERY single time)

Guess i'll just have to make time and setup a dev. environment and compile for n800

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Maybe starting a discussion on the Kismet Forum would help narrow down the problem?

dragorn is the main Kismet/Internet Tablet developer as far as I can work out, and he has been known to inhabit #maemo on irc.

Originally Posted by binjinx View Post

Anyone else claiming that it works for them wanna give it a shot reboot your machine and turn off wifi and then run kismet let me know the results (this is the issue EVERY single time)
When you run it do you run as root or user?

rebooted, started xterm, tried kismet and it failed.

sudo gainroot, start kismet, no net connection required. Looking at 1 adhoc network, 2 private networks, and a bunch of probes.

Edit: scan time = 02:05:38. The screen has been off for most of that time, and I have loaded a second xterm tab to cat a file for another thread on the forum.

Last edited by rattis; 2007-02-27 at 20:04. Reason: added scanning information