Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
and dolphin keyboard is not showing the smileys and corrected words

Originally Posted by anig View Post
If you are using this patch and my upcoming events on lockscreen patch please read.

If you want to remove my patch you have to first disable Ancelad's otherwise you will end up with a blank screen just showing the wallpaper.

I think patchmanager is getting confused as we both insert lines into Lockscreen.qml at the same point. I tested by moving where I put my lines and that seems to resolve it. I will update my package in openrepos soon.
Well I did exactly that, so any idea on how to get out of this mess? ;-)

Is this all I need to do: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1452

?

Last edited by MoritzJT; 2015-09-06 at 10:49.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
and dolphin keyboard is not showing the smileys and corrected words
It is fixed already with new emoji input, but not yet release

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Alright, after being very unhappy with some changes in Sailfish UI 2.0, I have taken things in my own hands

Here is the first version of the PullDown Covers patch.

First, some background - after hearing about the changes in cover actions, in the beginning of this year, I was thinking about ways to solve the problem with tiny buttons and the lack of gestures. One of my first thoughts was adding a pulley menu, which would be already familiar to the users and would create greater consistency with the rest of the system (I love the original pulley menu gesture and there's nothing better, but it was the only place in the system where such gesture was used). I did some mockups in QML, but it didn't really work well. Now that Sailfish UI 2.0 is available for testing, I could finally:
  1. see how big of a problem the new cover gestures are
  2. try patching the system

So here it is.

Changes:
  • added a pulley menu (together with a needed SilicaFlickable and Rectange for cropping)
  • original cover action buttons set to disabled
  • cover action icons' opacity changed to 0.5 (to show that the buttons are inactive)

Warnings:
  • use on your own risk. It may break your system, so don't blame me if it does It works well for me, though.
  • it works only on SailfishOS version 1.1.9.28
  • once you have more than 9 apps open, it may interfere with scrolling. I may add means to prevent this in the future, but for now, it is just up to you how many apps you have open.
  • it is now bit harder to open the menu, as you cannot scroll on the app covers - either scroll in between covers, or swipe from the bottom of the screen to access the menu. This should be solvable, but I currently don't know how - I had spent days trying to figure how to limit Flickable to only one direction (down), few months ago.

Planned:
  • think about reversing the order of the items in pulley menu
  • settings page?

EDIT 1:
Added another warning (about menu access).

Last edited by nodevel; 2015-09-06 at 13:49.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Hello guys,

i have the problem that after the update to 1.1.7.28 I can not install patches for patchmanager (the control view attached page e.g. and others). I unapplied patches before the update process.

The Error is more or less that there is a problem with lipstick qt5, he can not upgreade to version 0.24.60.10 (hope that was correct - I typed it from my mind). I read the last ~15 Pages of this thread to find an answer but I did not. Can anyone please help me out?

I tried to install lipstick via pkcon.

Thanks

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK

Hey, thanks a lot, it worked. Sailfish looks better with 5 Apps in a row + eventsviewcontrol

Is there any way of forcing 3x3 multitask like in older versions of the patches? I can't install the "old" patches (basic and advanced).

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
It is fixed already with new emoji input, but not yet release
Smileys work, but the dicitionary does not. I'm using the latest version of Dolphin and Sailfish 1.1.9.28. Is it because of the differences of Xt9InputHandler.qml(Sailfish 1.1.7 and 1.1.9)?

Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96

Posts: 211 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
Something new https://openrepos.net/content/ancela...ced-power-menu
This works almost same as coderus powermenu?

Though it has double tap lock button.

Edit: There is also those program startup options.. MBut looks good if no need for the program

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os