Active Topics

Originally Posted by RWFarley View Post
I seem to have a problem with MfE. My CPU (mostly as-deamon) has been at 100% all morning. My exchange email is still "Refreshing." I'm already on my second battery and it's still morning.

How do I kill that without causing problems?

Edit: 12:45 finally updated MfE. CPU back to normal after nearly 5 hours. *whew* :-)
can you elaborate on why it stopped eating up cpu/battery? has it reoccured?

my calendar keeps running on 100 percent no matter what i do. before 1.3 this problem was easy to fix, but now nothing I can think of helps. I did a complete re-sync, deleted the old calendardb, deleted the old calendar, tried nuevasync and direct syncing with gmail - calendar keeps going crazy after each sync.

anyone got any idea what do do?

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Check to see what file:added says against the date/time of the file in question. If it's close to created, modified, or present.

I'm going to guess that file:added is close to present, and close together for all unsorted files?

I am going to raise one point, though. I added an old file to the card and the images app inserted it at the very top (it was old). Moving a file off the device and returning it also inserts it in the timeline. So I'm guessing it works. Since tracker indexes both images and media, it's probably not a tracker issue?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I have 2 problems so far... would like to know your opinions on them before I open a bug report so they can be fixed in PR 1.6

RSS Feed Reader Applet
The applet has a refresh-button for doing manual updates. RSS feed reader is set to automatically refresh only via WiFi. When I'm on 3G and press the refresh button on the applet, it changes back from the red X to the normal refresh-symbol in less than a second and does nothing. Sometimes, it remains a red X and - well, doesn't do anything, either.
In PR 1.2, it used to update all feeds as epected and then change from x to the refresh-symbol again.
Seems to happen on 2G/3G only, not on WiFi.

Can some of you check if you see similar effects? Or do you have ideas what could cause this?
FWIW, Feeding it works normally with my ipv6 test connection, which probably it works ok with the normal 3g connection as well.

I don't know why anyone uses the standard RSS program; Feedingit is one of my mainstays.

I never sort video, so I don't know whether it works normally for me.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
This was posted by me in another thread an by someone else as well, I would just like to get it on this main thread,

FreOffice and DropN900 both crash on PR1.3 for me with a stack trace in QtCore.

Anybody not seeing this?

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Check to see what file:added says against the date/time of the file in question. If it's close to created, modified, or present.

I'm going to guess that file:added is close to present, and close together for all unsorted files?
As I said: Yes, for the files I checked (too many to check all now), File:Added was today around noon - when I re-built the index. Most of the files I checked were created during my summer holidays.

I am going to raise one point, though. I added an old file to the card and the images app inserted it at the very top (it was old). Moving a file off the device and returning it also inserts it in the timeline. So I'm guessing it works. Since tracker indexes both images and media, it's probably not a tracker issue?
My photos are all sorted correctly. No problem there. Only video files are amess.

BTW, I wonder... when you install OGG support, does the package force the tracker index to be re-built? I thought about it because I wondered why all of a sudden File:Added dates should have become changed after PR 1.3. - The only explanation I have is: After PR 1.3 I no longer had access to my OGG Vorbis files. I uninstalled and re-installed OGG Support (which cured this issue), but I hadn't looked into the video section of media player before. Maybe everything was OK there right after the update (because usually File:Modified and File:Added are close to each other) and only OGG Support re-building the index caused the issue?
In this case, it wouldn't be related to PR 1.3 at all (or only indirectly).

If index rebuilding destroys sorting I think it qualifies as a bug. Indexing is a way to speed up the process not to lower functionality.

Well, there is a way. Move all files off the device, restart tracker-process. Then, re-add files one by one. they will be readded to the tracker as they are created.

Not easy, but if you suffer from OCD, it's a way out. And, you need to transfer via wifi or something. While in USB mode, tracker is suspended for obvious reasons.

Alternately, rename the video folder to Video2, tell tracker-cfg to not index Video2 and move them in the order of creation. Should be doable with a script.

ETA: If it is as you say, it's not a PR 1.3 bug, since it's always worked like that. I remember 1.2 also reorganizing my video files. I just never cared, since I had 5 then.

Not easy, but if you suffer from OCD, it's a way out.
I must be suffering from OCD, because on my way home I thought about doing just that: Creating a script that'd add the files to the index one by one in the same order that they were originally created. Sick, isn't it? I should better do something about my mental health rather than solve the media player problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I don't know why anyone uses the standard RSS program; Feedingit is one of my mainstays.
I always thought it didn't have a desktop applet?

Ever since installing pr1.3 (installed global release on a UK mobile, if that makes any difference), I get browserd process hogging the CPU at 97% to 99% AFTER using and closing down the maemo browser.
I have to kill -9 the browserd process to stop it. Then it restarts by itself again, but it's not hogging the CPU any longer... until I open, use, and close the maemo browser again.

Any ideas what might be causing this and how to fix it??

Don't think it's 1.3. I had that browserd thing in 1.1.

I have little clue as to the fix, I think I cleared all cache, cookies, etc and that fixed it. Or was it PR 1.2? In any case, it's always been there. Wait, or did it happen when using dictionary input in MicroB?

I know this isn't any help, but at least you aren't looking at a 1.3 specific, methinks. Search the forums, I definitely remember doing that.

Tags
pr1.3