Active Topics

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
The ESC | and ~ 'keys' are on the bottom row of my screen....
Like ctr and tab pgup and pgdn.
Can't remeber how I added those... It is somewhere on the forum.

Bring on the n1000 :P all i want is n900 with more processing power. sounds like that what u want to.

The Following User Says Thank You to jamie721 For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Xterm bottom line is in gconf!

root@Battlestar:~# gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/xterm/key_labels -t list –list-type=string “[Tab,Esc,PU,PD,|,&]“

root@Battlestar:~# gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/xterm/keys -t list –list-type=string “[Tab,Escape,Page_Up,Page_Down,bar,ampersand]“

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by jamie721 View Post
Bring on the n1000 :P all i want is n900 with more processing power. sounds like that what u want to.

Yes and a little bigger screen. Say 4-5 inches. This would make, for example, much of the software available on easy debian more user friendly. Regardless, I really like the n900 because of the many applications and improvments made by this community. If it can be taken up a notch in performance and screen size with all the currently available applications I would be happy!

Last edited by mscion; 2011-03-22 at 20:46.

Yes, N900 is very good now. Even the Milestone 2 with keyboard and 3.7" screen, I feel N900 is much better. For Nokia E7-00, it is too big, and the keyboard feeling is not good. The "touch and feel" of the keys on E7-00 is not good.
My dream machine is a N900 basically keeping a large part of the current design, with a bigger but resistive touch screen. 4" is suffice. Preferably keeping the same keyboard keys touch and feel, add a row of keys to type symbols and a ESC key .
I tried many devices like E7-00, Milestone 1 &2, Sony Xperia with keyboard, ... none of them give me the pleasant feeling of the N900 keyboard.
I just type very *fast and blindly* with N900 and seems no similar products on the market!

How about the pandora ?
I am still waiting for mine, but should be in my hands soon.
Seems to meet your specifications.

http://www.openpandora.org/

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
For what it is worth, OQO is a dead company.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
For what it is worth, OQO is a dead company.
So freaking sad but true. I owned a 01 and a 02. Best UMPC ever made.

2d

Also want to say, MEEGO is not a neccessity. Just want a Maemo 6 if possible.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by optional106 View Post
How about the pandora ?<br />
I am still waiting for mine, but should be in my hands soon.<br />
Seems to meet your specifications.<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.openpandora.org/" target="_blank">http://www.openpandora.org/</a>
<br />
<br />
Pandora meets his requirements, but in comparison to n900 is quite bulkier. It's a very nice umpc, though. Its linux distro has still some rough edges, but you can run debian already on it, both natively (though tweaked) or in a chroot.
Having both, I still prefer to perform my daily activities on my n900.