Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Waters of Shiloah is named after the beautiful imagery used in describing the Lord and His counsels (see Isaiah 8). It is meant to be in imitation of the Mormon Channel clients that the LDSTech community has developed on behalf of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Waters of Shiloah is not endorsed, supported, or affiliated to the LDS Church in any other way besides imitation of existing applications.

Relevant Links:
All images are thanks to people generously posting their creations on the internet under Creative Commons, free Commercial-use, and free Non-Commercial-user licenses.

For all attribution and licensing information, see "COPYING" inside the "data" folder.
Attached Images

Last edited by epage; 2010-10-04 at 23:57.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
So now we have an LDS app, several bible apps, some koran apps, prayertime, etc. No Watchtower stuff yet?

Well, not to poke fun, I really am curious for study of religions.

Looks cool though. Is there a sword-like version of the book of mormon out there? Then it would also work with other 'bible' programs.

slaapliedje

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Not really for me but quite a nice looking app.

Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
Looks cool though. Is there a sword-like version of the book of mormon out there? Then it would also work with other 'bible' programs.
I believe there are copies of the Book of Mormon available in a SWORD format. The downside is SWORD is not very extensible beyond the bible. Other books are of a generic file format that doesn't offer too many of the nice features.

For others that may wonder, I am contemplating making versions of other LDSTech community app including either a scriptures app or integration with another one and access to membership lists and church calendars.

That scriptures app is what I'm waiting for.

This app is great. My wife even liked it, and that's saying something.

The Following User Says Thank You to Descalzo For This Useful Post:
Some items I forgot to point out (in case you haven't noticed).

The bottom of the radio screen, the entire image for all other content, and only the button for the currently playing bottom bar is the media control gesture area.

Media control gestures include:
  • Tap to play/pause
  • Drag left to move to next item (just next day's programming for radio)
  • Drag right to move to previous item (just previous day's programming for radio)
  • Drag down to go back to the main screen
  • Drag up to cancel the current action

The gestures are of a forgivable nature. They chose the action based off of where you press and release and not the convoluted path you might have taken in between. The icon should change accordingly as you are dragging.

If you tap the title on the currently-playing bar it will take you back to the screen of that item.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Scriptures anytime soon epage???

Cheers

Originally Posted by northernpie View Post
Scriptures anytime soon epage???

Cheers
Right now my priority is on porting my applications to Qt in preparation for Meego. I'm glad I resisted the urge to take on yet another app (nmap UI that needed some work)

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39809

This thread suggests that WebOS apps are pretty durned easy to port to Maemo.

Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39809

This thread suggests that WebOS apps are pretty durned easy to port to Maemo.
I didn't dig too deeply into that thread but it looks mostly to be about the WebOS Native SDK which most of the LDSTech communiuty apps will not be written against.