Active Topics

Notices

After battling with C++ and Qt for a few weeks I am pleased to announce that I finally have a working and stable prayer time calculator app for the N900. For the time being im calling it PrayerTime, that name will change.

http://mohannadh.blogspot.com/2010/0...rayertime.html

Feel free to test it and post any comments you have or bugs u come across.

You will be prompted for the latitude, longitude and timezone of your location when you run the app for the first time.

Note: this is not the final version so excuse the lack of functionality

------------------------

EDIT: 03/04/2010

http://mohannadh.blogspot.com/2010/0...rayertime.html

There is now an 'Options' screen which gives the user access to the application configurations. I've added an option for the user to switch between 12Hr and 24Hr formats. I've also added functionality to allow different prayer time calculation methods based on the globally accepted Islamic conventions. The 'Auto Configure' button doesn't work yet, I'll hopefully have it functioning in the next version.

------------------------

EDIT: 05/04/2010

Application uploaded to extras-devel

------------------------

EDIT: 19/04/2010

Fixed issue with time zone only taking whole numbers. Time zones with decimals are now allowed. Thanks to drasu for pointing this out .

------------------------

EDIT: 30/04/2010

mprayertime 0.1.1-6

Fixed issue with asr juristiction setting not working. Thanks to drasu for pointing this out .

------------------------

EDIT: 31/05/2010

The options screen layout is messed up as a result of pr1.2 (Qt 4.6.2). I am working on resolving this, should have a new version soon.

------------------------

EDIT: 20/06/2010

Options screen issue fixed. mPrayerTime 0.2-12 uploaded to extras-dev

------------------------

The software hosted in extras-devel is not ready for normal users!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't play with it unless you really know what you are doing. Be ready to file proper bug reports instead of posting complaints.
Expected problems: crashes, battery drain, poor system performance, full disk space & more - SERIOUSLY!

Don't play with Extras-devel if you haven't backed up your data or aren't prepared to re-flash your device.
Taken from Extras-devel WIki
Attached Images

Last edited by mohannad; 2010-08-14 at 18:26.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to mohannad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2010 @ UAE [Dubai]
Thanks a lot Mohannad, I will be testing it to feedback you.

I was waiting islamic and arabic apps for N900

Are you planning to translate them in arabic?

I would like to translate N900 to Arabic, but I don'w know from where to start, could you please advise me?

Because I noticed many contributions from others who translated N900 to their languages.

Where do you get the prayer times from? Database?

thanks Mohannad,

I have installed it on N900, seems to be working. I know it is just in the initial stage. it will be better to have options to reset the settings. as right now if want to change the settings (i have put wrong time zone) there is no option availabe to change it. even after uninstalling and reinstalling I am unable to change the settings.

Thank you guys for testing the app.

@albloushi:
Translation to arabic is on my to-do list , hopefully will get around to doing that soon.

@fuzzbuzz:
prayer times are calculated using some complex equations.. you can find more info here -> http://www.tanzil.info/praytime/doc/calculation/

@new_bee:
I had the same problem. You can find configs under /home/user/.config/Team Mohannad/PrayerTime.conf
For now if you need to make changes you can edit that file, I plan to have an 'options' window in my next release.

The Following User Says Thank You to mohannad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Houston, Texas
really like this keep it up.

Originally Posted by mohannad View Post
Thank you guys for testing the app.

@albloushi:
Translation to arabic is on my to-do list , hopefully will get around to doing that soon.

@fuzzbuzz:
prayer times are calculated using some complex equations.. you can find more info here -> http://www.tanzil.info/praytime/doc/calculation/

@new_bee:
I had the same problem. You can find configs under /home/user/.config/Team Mohannad/PrayerTime.conf
For now if you need to make changes you can edit that file, I plan to have an 'options' window in my next release.

Excellent link. Thank you.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai
A very useful application indeed.

any plans for letting GPS define location rather than having to input Lat/Lon/Time Zone?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
awesome!

Turkish translation would be very great!
I can help you with that.

Edit:
Hmmm, I installed the "prayertimebackend" that I found in the repo, but I can't find it anywhere in the menu...

Last edited by HtheB; 2010-03-31 at 06:34.

Originally Posted by rariss View Post
A very useful application indeed.

any plans for letting GPS define location rather than having to input Lat/Lon/Time Zone?
Thank you rariss. Yes im planning on having 3 options: Auto-detect, select from a list of preconfigured cities and manual configuration. The latter was the easiest to implement as a starting point.

@HtheB:

That is a different application, mine isnt in the repository yet.
Edit: Thank you for offering to help with the translation, ill let you know once I get to that stage .