hello there

my n900 wont show online people on its instant messenger even if they are online. anyody know why please HELP ME.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Does it give you an error of some sort.. Are you online (on the N900).. Can you provide any more details about this issue?

Try to remove all ur IM accounts and recreate them and see if that does the trick...

Last edited by bandora; 2013-04-25 at 05:54.

I've also had facebook chat problems for a couple of months, but as I am seldom using that feature, I didn't try to solve it... now I noticed I can't even delete the facebook account (doesn't show up under accounts) nor can I create a new one (there is no facebook option when setting up a new account)

Any idea what might be broken?

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
Originally Posted by fazinmoscow View Post
hello there

my n900 wont show online people on its instant messenger even if they are online. anyody know why please HELP ME.

facing same problem man.facebook online contacts doesn't show up.
but skype IM works fine.

I just noticed another thing: When I go online / available, I do get messages from Facebook friends. I do NOT see their online/offline status and the contacts are not added to my phonebook and the profile pictures of people I have in my phonebook are not downloaded.
Strange.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom, Huddersfield
I have just noticed this on my N900, it was working fine yesterday... Probably an issue at Facebook's end.

Ozymandias:
Strange, the profile pictures in my contacts are all still there, they are just shown as not online.

I could live with using jabber instead, but since I can't remove or uninstall the facebook account, I always get the same message twice! :/

Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Does it give you an error of some sort.. Are you online (on the N900).. Can you provide any more details about this issue?

Try to remove all ur IM accounts and recreate them and see if that does the trick...
tried removing recreating and even flashed the device still wont work

1) It shows the profile pics
2) I recieve messages from my friends but they are offline
3) sometimes 1 or 2 contacts show up as online but goes offline suddenly and these contacts which show up are ones which i contact frequently
hope these details are enough
and thanks for the response

i have tried removing and reinstalling libqfacebook still doesnt work

Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I just noticed another thing: When I go online / available, I do get messages from Facebook friends. I do NOT see their online/offline status and the contacts are not added to my phonebook and the profile pictures of people I have in my phonebook are not downloaded.
Strange.
i get the profile pics recieve messages but no online friends are shown even if more than 30 or 40 guys are online

Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I could live with using jabber instead, but since I can't remove or uninstall the facebook account, I always get the same message twice! :/
tried facebook and jabber but same problem noone online even if some friends are online online