Hello!
I think my phone crashed (nokia n900) , but maybe someone knows answers..
Some 2 months ago my phone periodical said "all emergency calls are disabled, to enable them, restart device" and near clock shows icon like no sim card... now its not periodical, but shows all the time.. i bring it to phone service, they didnt noticed anything..
Then i thought, maybe smth with operation system.. should to try reinstall it, or smth like that.. now I can't even connect to pc trough "pc suite mode", in pc shows "connected in non-compatible mode"..
does someone knows what can i do?
and maybe someone can tell me how to reinstall operation system?

Last edited by chemist; 2012-05-31 at 12:26. Reason: title

I think the easiest thing to do would be to reflash. Just follow the instructions at http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...ng_the_Flasher.

Originally Posted by skykooler View Post
I think the easiest thing to do would be to reflash. Just follow the instructions at http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...ng_the_Flasher.
when i write comands in cmd, there is nothing happening
shows this: http://content21-foto.inbox.lv/album...-2/flasher.jpg

sry if that stupid question.. 1st time doing smth like that

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Your file should end with .bin and not with -,attachment and what not. So, make sure you follow the commands as mentioned on the wiki to the letter.

It should look like

Code:
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

can i just clean this attachment in file name, or i must find other file?

Originally Posted by didzaans View Post
can i just clean this attachment in file name, or i must find other file?
i clearded it "attachment" and all worked..

but still something dont want to work..
now my phone detect network, bur when i got call or want go in internet, then cellular network disappears

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland

now my phone detect network, bur when i got call or want go in internet, then cellular network disappears
Try flashing your eMMC too. Just remember that it deletes all your data (images, videos, backups etc.).

Is it a loose SIM card? It's a common problem. Losing connection when trying to answer a call is one clue. Does it reconnect if you squeeze the back of the phone or turn it upside down?

Some have fixed it by getting a new SIM. The other solution is to put a peice of thin tape on the back of your current SIM. Some have used paper. Either one will work. You are trying to make a shim so that it keeps pressure on the contacts between the card and phone.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Updated title and added tags, please try to provide at least some information with your thread titles.

Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Is it a loose SIM card? It's a common problem. Losing connection when trying to answer a call is one clue. Does it reconnect if you squeeze the back of the phone or turn it upside down?

Some have fixed it by getting a new SIM. The other solution is to put a peice of thin tape on the back of your current SIM. Some have used paper. Either one will work. You are trying to make a shim so that it keeps pressure on the contacts between the card and phone.
I think its not problem in sim, cuz i already changed on new.. and nothing changes when i squeeze or turning phone, but ill try to put smth on the back of sim..

Last edited by chemist; 2012-05-31 at 12:55.

Tags
sim card, sim problem, sim rejected