Active Topics

For the past week or so I've been getting the following errors when using "apt-get update" or "apt-get upgrade":

Code:
Setting up webauth (1.2.1-1) ...
Failed to open connection to "session" message bus: (null)
dpkg: error processing webauth (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 webauth
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
I'm guessing this "webauth" is probably some sort of authentication that's failing, or have I got the wrong idea?

Prior to thjs message, after doing "apt-get upgrade" I'm told there's a package that's only partially installed, but there's no indication which one.

Any ideas welcome.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Webauth is just a package that fails to be installed for some reason. Thats why you are getting the error about some package only partially installed. Try removing it (apt-get remove webauth).

The Following User Says Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Read this: http://wiki.maemo.org/DbusScripts#Ru...he_session_bus

After making the required changes, use "dpkg --configure -a" to set up package 'webauth'.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Thanks guys.

I'll give that Dbus trick a go once I get more time to get my head around it.

Thanks again for the suggestions guys, but I managed to solve it eventually by deleting and re-adding the repos one by one before resorting to your suggestions. Can't remember which one it was exactly but it fixed it.