Posts: 16 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ New England
Hi,

Yes, I initially used 3.0.3.9 (normal installation) then upgraded to 3.2.0.12 via terminal.

The volume adjust does not work system-wide.

The only adjust that can be made is the ringtone in the drop-down menu. I've tried playing mp3s in the native media app and also Talefish app. I can play mp3s via the SF media app, using the "play button", but am unable to pause. I have to close the app to stop playback. The mp3 does not play at all in Talefish. I see it "trying" to play, but it's not working.

The volume/media-playback worked fine on the device when it ran on Ubuntu Touch 16.04. Bluetooth has always been an issue with both UT and SFOS.

Thanks for your help, I am new to SFOS, if you couldn't already tell...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canadien666 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by canadien666 View Post
Hi,

Yes, I initially used 3.0.3.9 (normal installation) then upgraded to 3.2.0.12 via terminal.

The volume adjust does not work system-wide.

The only adjust that can be made is the ringtone in the drop-down menu. I've tried playing mp3s in the native media app and also Talefish app. I can play mp3s via the SF media app, using the "play button", but am unable to pause. I have to close the app to stop playback. The mp3 does not play at all in Talefish. I see it "trying" to play, but it's not working.

The volume/media-playback worked fine on the device when it ran on Ubuntu Touch 16.04. Bluetooth has always been an issue with both UT and SFOS.

Thanks for your help, I am new to SFOS, if you couldn't already tell...
Thanks for confirming the version.

I think the volume adjust works a bit differently on Sailfish compared to Android.
In Android you can change the level of ringtone, media, alarm, ...etc side by side.
In Sailfish, how I experienced, I need to use one of those functions to be able to change the correspondent volume.
Example: when I don't play video and am not in a phone call, if I press the volume rocker it changes the ringtone volume.
If I am playing a video or mp3 and I hit the rocker, it changes the media volume, but only when I am doing some media playing.
If I am in a phone call, it changes the speaker volume.
Maybe there is a way to change these when I am not in that 'action', but I don't know how.

I just have installed Talefish and played some mp3. It works fine. I can stop, play, go forward/backward without any issues. Are you sure that the playing has not started just the volume is down? When you start the mp3 play, please hit the volume up rocker a few times.

Do not worry about being new, it just means you can learn a lot (if you are willing to learn of course). I have met with Sailfish only a few months ago too.

Ironically I purchased my Nexus 5 because I wanted to try Ubuntu Touch. Then I found Sailfish and thought would give it a go. After a few days use of UT, it was a big disappointment and almost instantly I installed fell in love with Sailfish.
The guys at Jolla who developed this system are just simple amazing and I am very grateful they made it available for the public.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Can you adjust the volume with a 3 swinger swipe up and down?

Hi, I am trying a re-flash of everything now. Thx

I just clean flashed 3.0.3.9. Did not do the 3.2 upgrade via terminal this time. Kept it at 3.0.3.9 and everything seems to be working. Media volume and playback via Media app and Talefish are working on this build. BT isn't a 100%, but I will play around with it.

Upgrading 3.2.0.12 somehow breaks these things on my N5.

The first time I flashed 3.0.3.9 I almost immediately upgraded to 3.2 with out testing the device first. This was the wrong route to go.

Hopefully I will be able to upgrade to some form of 3.2 with some more research.

Thanks for the help everyone.

The Following User Says Thank You to canadien666 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by canadien666 View Post
I just clean flashed 3.0.3.9. Did not do the 3.2 upgrade via terminal this time. Kept it at 3.0.3.9 and everything seems to be working. Media volume and playback via Media app and Talefish are working on this build. BT isn't a 100%, but I will play around with it.

Upgrading 3.2.0.12 somehow breaks these things on my N5.

The first time I flashed 3.0.3.9 I almost immediately upgraded to 3.2 with out testing the device first. This was the wrong route to go.

Hopefully I will be able to upgrade to some form of 3.2 with some more research.

Thanks for the help everyone.
I am glad you found a solution!

What now you can try is to install another rom 3.0.3.9 and upgrade that one to 3.1.0.12 and test. If that works, reboot into 3.0.3.9 again and create a copy of 3.1.0.12 (Use the 'cp -av production copy' in a terminal, where production=the working 3.1.0.12 and the copy=the new one that you will upgrade, name it 3.1.0.12-upgrade or something) and upgrade the copy to 3.2.0.12.

This way you will have three versions next to each other: a working 3.0.3.9 and 3.1.0.12 and a test 3.2.0.12.

Thanks again for your input! I will try this today....

I upgraded to 3.1.0.12 using:

"Best way to update SailfishOS is by using an ssh connection to the phone.
Disable all patches and Openrepos repositories before updating.

Before updating use
Code:
ssu lr
to check if "adaptation community"(not to be confused with "adaptation-community-common"!) repo is available. If it is please disable it by using
Code:
ssu dr adaptation-community

Add the new adaptation-community-hammerhead repository:
Code:
ssu ar adaptation-community-hammerhead http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:...st/sailfishos/
Set desired release version, for example 2.1.2.3:
Code:
ssu release 2.1.2.3
Refresh the package cache:
Code:
pkcon refresh
Upgrade SailfishOS:
Code:
version --dup
Reboot the phone and enjoy the new release."

Unfortunately, the same audio/volume/media playback error have returned...

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Sorry, i haven't updated the instructions in the first post. So, you used the wrong repos for updating.

This guide should work for updating:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=556

Just change the repos and do a version --dup again.

Hi, Thanks for the updated guide! I went through the whole procedure. (normal, not multirom)

The update to 3.1.0.12 worked, I tested with NO audio/media playback issues!

Then I followed the steps for the 3.2 upgrade, which worked except the audio/media playback issues are back with the 3.2!

So frustrating...

Thanks for your time.

The Following User Says Thank You to canadien666 For This Useful Post: