Went to T-Mobile today. Ask for New Nokia charger. Tried to charge, same results. Not charging. So I called Nokia and ask for repair. Will send tham tomorrow . Thanks for everybody for your Help!!!!!!!

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by efekt View Post
For example, in addition to my N900 I also own a Nokia N85, which also uses the same Nokia CA-101 micro-usb cable, but for some reason it won't work properly if connected to my N900 (the computer won't recognize the N900), and if I try to connect the micro-usb cable which I received in the box with my N900 to my N85 - the N85 won't be recognized by my computer...
That's just bizarre, USB is a standard, and to carry the USB logo the device/cable must conform to the USB standard. There is no reason why what you say should be the case. The N900 uses a standard cable, I got two micro USB cables with my Mifi and they both work fine with my N900, I guess it is possible Nokia made the N85 USB port non-standard requiring a non-standard cable, but if they did why would the cable have the same label as the N900 cable.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Charging on the N900 is controlled by software, I think in this case it is a software issue, so it may be solved by flashing the firmware. But bare in mind those that had a similar issue caused by a faulty USB port, if it is a faulty port you want to get it repaired while still in warranty, though if it isn't it might be that all Nokia do is reflash it with clean firmware and it is much quicker to do that yourself than send it to Nokia to do.