Anyone else got this issue?

Going in to file manager it shows up multiple 'system folders' ie x 2 Audio clips, x2 Camera, x2 Documents folders etc etc

(but one downloads folder, ecoach folder - ie folders created by users/third party software)

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
See https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5838. Please vote for the bug (you'll need to register separately for that site), and add a comment if you have useful technical/troubleshooting information to add. (Don't just add a "me too" comment, though).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
I have this same problem. it comes and goes. I think it may be caused by hot-plugging the usb cable too many times without going to "properly remove device". i reboot my phone and it goes away.

as for the bug report, i don't understand the point of multiple account. I mean we could just use the same logins again but it's such a hassle.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Düsseldorf
Hi,
today in the morning when I started my device I saw that in the filemanager all of the system folder are double.

See the attached picture.

The files in these folders are the same and the memory usage is the same.

Can anyone help me??

It's disturbing to see double folder.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to DonPIZI For This Useful Post:
i have this exact problem.

any solution?

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kolkata, India
same problem with me...i though i had mounted mmcblk1p1 incorrectly..was about to flash my emmc...any news people

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
You may find this bug relevant.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
I also had this problem, in adittion my mediaplayer and photo album stopped working. In the end I flashed eMMC and solved it. Hope someone finds a better solution.

I'm getting doubled up folders showing in File Manager. In Nokia N900/ these folders appear doubled up:
Audio clips
Camera
Documents
Images
Video clips
basically, these are all the Nokia firmware MyDocs folders with the little icons on them.

I have had this problem since before updating to 1.1 and I was hoping it would be fixed after the updates.

Anyone else encountered this bug?

Cheers

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
Do you have some other partitions as the defaults mounted? Or running easy-debian? had the same problem, thought it was affiliated with the media-tracker...

Tags
audio video, bug, bug 5838, directories, directories shown twice, documents, double directories, double folders, doubled directories, doubled folders, duplicate directories, duplicate folders, file, file manager, folders, folders shown twice, fremantle, items, maemo, maemo 5, manager