Notices

Hi I just downloaded smscon but can't seem to get access to it.

smscon -start returns ERROR: smscon must be run as "root"

am I missing something?

thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to jetlag1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
use SMSCON Editor to start it (and probably configure it too)

I read every post on this tread. I respect your work. I'm pretty sure the idea of having SMScon run 1-6 different scripts has not been discussed. If users could launch 1-6 different scripts using SMScon a lot of request people have had (like having the device make loud sounds) could met halfway.

If changing what SMScon does from sms commands like "reboot" (to run Script2 etc.) is somehow possible otherwise please please be so kind to point me to the right direction if you can.

I'm working on turning n900 into a public videojukebox using mplayer and SMScon and alarmed (to turn the "jukebox service" off). It is for city dwellers to enjoy the city better.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Sorry for the long silence from both digitalvoid and me..

News are we have added a third member in the team.

Lutz, is a very enthusiastic and patient guy.
He has gone through all of our code, cleaned it and dissected in more manageable parts and on top added several improvements.

Soon we'll release the outcome in the open as version 0.9.x (currently under internal testing).
Few weeks later we'll publish also some new features in the 1.0.x currently under development.

cheers

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 200 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
Hi all, It's been a while since I was here...

I haven't tested the new upcoming code from Lutz/Saturn myself yet, but I looks very promising. Lutz will, I think, revive SMSCON with more and better options and inner workings.

My interests are at this moment to other Linux based projects (none-Maemo related) so I haven't done nothing with the development of SMSCON the last months, but Saturn & Lutz luckily have!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to digitalvoid For This Useful Post:
will be port to Harmattan ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to e0x For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by e0x View Post
will be port to Harmattan ?
We don't have a timescale and haven't started working on it but yes the intention is there. Most of the parts need basically to be rewritten so no promise yet.

At the moment.. i'm struggling to follow Lutz.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Athens Greece
Hi,
I made the 'fatal' mistake to change my SIM card while having SMSCON installed. After several unsuccessful attempts to bring things back to normal through the SMSCON editor, I still received those sms's regarding the SIM and the GPS location of the phone on every single reboot.

Finally I gave up and removed both SMSCON, the editor, plus the opt/... and etc/inti.d paths. It was futile. My N900 still thinks I am the thief and keeps sending to itself sms's.

Please let me know how to get rid of the SMSCON ghost!

Last edited by refugee; 2011-12-12 at 16:09.

change the settings in smscon,you will find a way . thats easy

No, it's not. He said already, that he tried changing settings in SMSCON-Editor. Maybe he is doing it wrong - I can't tell for sure, cause not enough details of what he did was presented - but, at least, it's not matter of not trying before asking.

So, please, respond with at least same amount of respect, and read what he posted, before writing ->your 6th useless response, for a total of your 6 posts.<-

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-12-12 at 18:10.