Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Re sleep states: while program is not suspended, the whole OS is. That's what keepalive is for. I suspect there is something in Jens's program which inhibits the sleep - should be keepalive.
Thanks for the explanation. Couldn't find any documentation on this yet as well I didn't find any no occurrence of "keepalive" in Laufhelden like in PM, but that doesn't mean, there couldn't be another mechanism that does the same (which I didn't discover yet).

Re suspend/resume media player: so, that means it player specific, isn't it? Which is rather poor design in my mind and should be solved on OS level (mixing players?). I guess we can do as others are, just implement it in platform-specific code.
It works for me, as I'm using the standard-player. But you're right - platform-specific code would be the more elegant (and time-consuming) way.

Re blabbing/sleeping preference: the main risk is draining the battery of users who don't use this feature. I'd be cautious and add it under preferences.
You're right, didn't consider battery drain could be an issue. As there could be other situations in which it's better to switch off babbling when diplay is off, the option under preferences is surely the best way to do.

Re closing PM and not being able to start: we had this issue earlier and never managed to track it down. is it on J1? No clue when was it discussed in this thread. Try to check if sailfish-qml is still running from prev invocation. I can look it up how to do that, but I'd prefer to continue with some other stuff. Maybe you can figure out the solution with ps and kill...
I'm sure, I read it somewhere in this thread, but couldn't find it yet. But I will - so no need for you to look it up. Device is R7, btw.

Re position marker without fix: its provided by OS and Pure Maps does not check anything so far regarding GPS status. Only things we get are position, uncertainty, speed. Direction, is probably calculated, but I don't remember correctly. [...]
Don't want to bother you with that, but maybe could qtpositioning timestamp be helpful?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
For translators...
@rinigus: I use your post as ramp for another question:

Could you give me a hint, where the translations of the direction announcements can be found in PM? I found some minor oddities in the german announcements and would help to correct them.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by BGK View Post
@rinigus: I use your post as ramp for another question:

Could you give me a hint, where the translations of the direction announcements can be found in PM? I found some minor oddities in the german announcements and would help to correct them.
No problem. If its for router calculated instructions, its probably at https://github.com/valhalla/valhalla...master/locales . So, its another project which we use as a service.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
No problem. If its for router calculated instructions, its probably at https://github.com/valhalla/valhalla...master/locales . So, its another project which we use as a service.
Thanks. Two questions on this:
1) Is - an and if yes, how - valhalla integrated OSMSS (didn't search in OSMSS' thread yet) and
2) is the up-to-date version of valhalla used in OSMSS?

One of the glitches I encountered in the german voice announcements of PM should be corrected since the last commit of the german translations of valhalla (which was on Sep 5, 2018).

P.S @rinigus.: Thanks at this point for the wonderful combination of PM and OSMSS! For true offline navigation it's one of the best I ever used (and there where plenty of them...)!

Last edited by BGK; 2019-03-28 at 18:50.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BGK View Post
Thanks. Two questions on this:
1) Is - an and if yes, how - valhalla integrated OSMSS (didn't search in OSMSS' thread yet) and
2) is the up-to-date version of valhalla used in OSMSS?

One of the glitches I encountered in the german voice announcements of PM should be corrected since the last commit of the german translations of valhalla (which was on Sep 5, 2018).

P.S @rinigus.: Thanks at this point for the wonderful combination of PM and OSMSS! For true offline navigation it's one of the best I ever used (and there where plenty of them...)!
Valhalla is integrated into OSMSS, linked with it using https://build.merproject.org/package.../valhalla-lite . Its not the latest version. The latest versions require new import format and I will have to plan it with the one of the next imports. It will require some testing as well, which I haven't done.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
[...] It will require some testing as well, which I haven't done.
Thanks for explaining. Is there any way to support you?

@rinigus: Damn! Navigation app, geocoder and routing middleware for several sources and multiple (parallel) endpoints, routing engine (and everything for multiple plattforms!)... This (one) man does same things as mayor players!!!

Last edited by BGK; 2019-03-28 at 20:58.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
Yeah, it somehow escalated from a simple "how hard can it be" when I started few years ago.

With the testing of Valhalla update there isn't much we can do, I will have to do it myself. Main issue is to get a time slot for it - there are few things I want to finish first before.

As for help, picking up an issue and fixing it is the best way. Like done over here @TMO with icons, for example. The issues that you picked up are great, since I would not have had time/priority to deal with them in a while.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
I guess @rinigus is too busy to post here so just a short notice, 1.19 has hit openrepos and flathub.

Great work with placing the indicators. Wish you much luck for the 1.20 milestone, rinigus!

Last edited by mosen; 2019-03-30 at 20:12.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
pureMaps v1.19 looks more professional & so pretty!!! liked the new 'about page'. @mosen what about my icon request?
spanish translator please push the word 'zoom' to 'aumen-to-ta-tar-tó'.

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2019-03-30 at 20:26.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Hi! Here, somewhat delayed 1.19 release notes:

After long discussions, we have indicators showing the state of auto-functions (zoom, center, rotation, and scale). As a result, the corresponding entries in main menu are gone. For those preferring other solutions: try to live with these indicators and see if you will want to get those replaced with glowing or some other effects.

Thanks to @mosen, we have indicator and final icons required for SFOS and Linux desktop (Kirigami and QtControls) platforms.

Pure Maps now places all search results and suggestions on a map. This is for (global) search and nearby functionality. On Sailfish, effect is mainly that you see all results when you click on one of them, on a map, you will see all results (if current zoom includes them). On Kirigami, when having search and a map side-by-side, you will see results on map as you type. Such implementation does use more battery (more work is done), but I haven't seen any effects in practice. If anyone starts seeing effects on power consumption, please let me know. I may look then into doing it a bit more conservatively.

As always, translators were busy and updating missing strings. CS is still not included, until the issues with that translations are resolved (see messages earlier in this thread), but this new translation is on the way.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: