Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Sorry, somehow the link escaped. @olf: thanks for posting it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Hi Jolla 1 owners
Can you test if you can reproduce this https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/252 on your phones?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Not sure if I understand the issue correctly, but I can't reproduce it on my J1.

After turning off the screen by pressing power button and then re-activating screen Pure Maps comes up just as before.
Doesn't matter if I re-activate display within a few seconds after turning off or after half an hour or so.
Pure Maps needs a few seconds to draw the surrounding map after re-activation, but I don't think this is any different than it has always been.

Anything special I can try to do to help troubleshoot?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Casanunda For This Useful Post:
New release is out: 1.20.0

I have worked on voice prompt cache that should improve stability of voice prompts (less should be missing). Also, if you start navigation with voice prompts, there will be a message on start allowing you to get immediate feedback on whether sound is working as it should.

Map center and position marker transitions are made smooth during navigation. Let's see if it causes any major issues in use (too slow hardware, too fast discharge of battery). Right now, you cannot toggle it on/off. If it works for all, we keep it just enabled and no extra toggle is needed.

Translations have been updated, few bugfixes landed as well.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
New release is out: 1.20.0
Thank you very much, rinigus! :-)

I have worked on voice prompt cache that should improve stability of voice prompts (less should be missing). Also, if you start navigation with voice prompts, there will be a message on start allowing you to get immediate feedback on whether sound is working as it should.
Good idea! The voice prompts in english at the moment, while text on display is the correct german translation.

Map center and position marker transitions are made smooth during navigation. Let's see if it causes any major issues in use (too slow hardware, too fast discharge of battery). Right now, you cannot toggle it on/off. If it works for all, we keep it just enabled and no extra toggle is needed.
I used PM 1.20.0 (in conjunction with OSMSS 1.13.1-1.107.1.jolla, because still on Oulanka) extensively within the last days. While the smooth transitions are somekind of irritating at first sight (hm, map doesn't move? - well, it does!) but nice at higher speeds, I had some glitches within cities (means: speed between 20 and 50 km/h, possible street canyons with weaker GPS-signal,...):

There was a higher amount of situations, where the position marker wasn't at the correct place, than with the previous version. Sometimes even the map wasn't centered correctly in time, leaving the position marker out of sight (no offense, just reporting)

In my opinion the smoother transitions therefore are really nice at higher speeds (looks some kind of classy), but seem to be tricky at lower speeds.

Maybe this is helpful...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Also from my side, very well done @rinigus!
The moment you cĺosed the "fluid movement..." issue i was hyped for the release to hit openrepos

It works nicely convincing already.
Since release i was constantly on the road and could test excessively. Only in one instance i could not reproduce i witnessed a glitch in "follow me" mode where the direction was fixed in a wrong direction as if the compass was not recognised. Had to reboot the XA2 as only measure available since i was driving.

Again, well done. I noticed some minor things but lacked the means to note them down during driving. Promise i will do better next time and report those.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Thank you for reporting - @BGK and @mosen!

Re speed jumps in the cities: speed is not related to the smooth movement, its displayed without any interpolation on PM side.

Re jumps: Smooth movement has effect only on drawing position (but not on instructions, these use proper position) and center of the map. I have been using it on slower speeds without any issues. I think its more related to the goodness of GPS signal and I should account for that.

Re glitch in follow me: PM is not using compass. If you use follow me with OSM Scout Server's map matching, it could be explained by a particular glitch in estimation of your movement on the basis of your positions (it tracks a short history). Instead of reboot, start and stop should have worked. Alternative explanation would be that you were driving on one-side street in opposite direction. For example, going for Pro1 event in UK and forgetting that they drive on somewhat different side over there.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I think its more related to the goodness of GPS signal and I should account for that.
This might be. But this is exactly what crossed my mind, when it happened:

it could be explained by a particular glitch in estimation of your movement on the basis of your positions (it tracks a short history).
...especially the part in parentheses. It seemed as the map movement (not the displayed speed!) lagged behind of some seconds due to interpolation of movements seconds before. Kind of difficult to explain...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BGK View Post
This might be. But this is exactly what crossed my mind, when it happened:

...especially the part in parentheses. It seemed as the map movement (not the displayed speed!) lagged behind of some seconds due to interpolation of movements seconds before. Kind of difficult to explain...
if you use map matching and the signal is irregular, it could probably happen. Although, position is transmitted to map centering and position marker at the same time (almost). not sure whether this explanation helps...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
if you use map matching and the signal is irregular, it could probably happen.
What do you mean by "if you use map matching"? Is there any option not to use it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post: