Active Topics

Notices

Hello!

I recently acquired Nokia N9 and since it lacked a native Stellarium-like planetarium app, I decided to port the awesome Stellarium software and add some features to make a more appealing user interface. Note that this is a work in progress and considered very beta at the moment. Many features and settings are still missing. Even though, I find it very nice and quite usable in its present state, so I decided to publish the sources and deb packages.

To avoid confusion, please note, that there is already a Stellarium app in Nokia OVI Store, but it has no native interface. Stellarium N9 is not in any way associated with this app.

Cheers,
Marko

---

StellariumN9 is a free open source planetarium software for Nokia N9 that shows exactly what you see when you look up at the stars. It is a port of the awesome Stellarium (version 0.11.4).

N9 Specific Features
  • Redesigned graphical user interface using native QML components.
  • Free look based on magnetometer/accelerometer sensors.
  • Pinch zoom.
  • Changed default settings, small GFX optimizations for slower hardware (extinction is too CPU heavy, decreased atmosphere rendering sky resolution).

Known Issues
  • Some parts of GUI are not implemented yet
  • No plugins, scripting
  • QML gui is a bit of a hack, orientations are not correctly reported: sometimes app won't close after swipe, top bar (battery, status) not orientated properly.

http://thelarge.org/stellarium-n9