Active Topics

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by magic cucumber View Post
3.2.1.20:

Fatal error: nothing provides libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 needed by flatpak-1.6.3.0-1.4.1.jolla.armv7hl

Seems there is no libgdk_pixbuf-2.0 or similar package
pkcon refresh may help? I just switched to 3.3.0.16, cannot test it here, unfortunately.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2020 @ Czechia
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
pkcon refresh may help? I just switched to 3.3.0.16, cannot test it here, unfortunately.
Aye, it helps. Everything seems OK for now. Thx

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to magic cucumber For This Useful Post:
I'm trying to build a flatpak application for Sailfish OS running on Xperia 10. Since I ran over the QEMU bug when compiling for arm on 64-bit hosts, I tried to use the aarch64 architecture (uname -a on the phone says it is aarch64 und with flatpak, I can install all the aarch64 libraries). However, flatpak-runner fails to launch the application.

I get something like this:
[W] unknown:164 - file:///usr/share/flatpak-runner/qml/MainPage.qml:164:5: QML Image: Cannot open: file:///usr/share/flatpak-runner/qml/flatpak-runner
[W] unknown:164 - file:///usr/share/flatpak-runner/qml/MainPage.qml:164:5: QML Image: Cannot open: file:///usr/share/flatpak-runner/qml/flatpak-runner
[D] onCompleted:424 - Warning: specifying an object instance for initialPage is sub-optimal - prefer to use a Component
[W] unknown:53 - file:///usr/share/flatpak-runner/qml/main.qml:53:26: Unable to assign [undefined] to bool
error: Failed to block syscall -10097

Is this error due to the fact of compiling for the aarch64 architecture? By the way, flatpak-runner is working with arm apps like, e.g., angelfish.

On the github pages, it tells us to use a i686 virtual host with the restriction to use only 32 bits when compiling for arm on 64-bit hosts. Would it be also to compile the code on an arm host, e.g., a Rasperry Pi?

Last edited by woidboy; 2020-05-18 at 19:18.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woidboy For This Useful Post:
Right now launching aarch64 doesn't work. There is issue https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/issues/3548 and, in addition, we don't have hybris arm64 either.

I did try to compile on older Pi, that was very slow. maybe new ones are better. i686 worked for me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Thanks for this information. Then, I'll try first to compile it on my Rasperry Pi.

Actually, I've one more question. The application which I want to compile is a flight navigation app which needs access to GPS data. In order to check if there is GPS access within flatpak, I've installed your Puremaps application, the one which is available on flathub. Unfortunately, geolocation is not working for this app on my Xperia 10 with the official Sailfish OS. Is it possible to enable geolocation for flatpak apps? Do I just need to set the proper finish-args like, e.g., "--allow=geolocation"?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to woidboy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by woidboy View Post
Thanks for this information. Then, I'll try first to compile it on my Rasperry Pi.

Actually, I've one more question. The application which I want to compile is a flight navigation app which needs access to GPS data. In order to check if there is GPS access within flatpak, I've installed your Puremaps application, the one which is available on flathub. Unfortunately, geolocation is not working for this app on my Xperia 10 with the official Sailfish OS. Is it possible to enable geolocation for flatpak apps? Do I just need to set the proper finish-args like, e.g., "--allow=geolocation"?
Right now, GPS is not supported. As I have rather large amount of projects, I do not plan to work on it either. However, it is maybe possible to make it work if someone investigates the issues and, possibly, writes some code for it.

Flatpak as of now, supports GeoClue2. SFOS is on Geoclue1 version, I think. So, somehow, you would have to figure out how to connect to geoclue1. For Geoclue2 permissions are as in https://github.com/flathub/io.github...eMaps.json#L18

Also, you have to figure out how to make Qt ask geoclue1 for positioning. I would expect its all doable, but requires time investment and testing. Would be great if someone would pick it up.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
hi, i have bottom bar bug in angelfish on jtab: https://gist.github.com/CODeRUS/2b6d...93c5a3276e37a8
https://youtu.be/2cUKZZtqrOQ
that was from the start on jtab, right?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
i dont remember exactly, but for a long time )

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Right now, GPS is not supported. As I have rather large amount of projects, I do not plan to work on it either. However, it is maybe possible to make it work if someone investigates the issues and, possibly, writes some code for it.

Flatpak as of now, supports GeoClue2. SFOS is on Geoclue1 version, I think. So, somehow, you would have to figure out how to connect to geoclue1. For Geoclue2 permissions are as in https://github.com/flathub/io.github...eMaps.json#L18

Also, you have to figure out how to make Qt ask geoclue1 for positioning. I would expect its all doable, but requires time investment and testing. Would be great if someone would pick it up.
Thanks a lot!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woidboy For This Useful Post:

Tags
flatpak