Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
coderus, is it only with angelfish or have you seen some strange effects on other apps as well?

I suspect that it is caused by some HW acceleration of chromium. Maybe you could try to disable all accelerations through QT Webengine env variable and see if it helps. Don't remember now the settings and which var exactly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
hm i thought it is disable by default by env variables

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
no, not all of them, as far as I know. try to open chrome://gpu in the browser. That's bit tricky, as we haven't fixed https://invent.kde.org/plasma-mobile...sh/-/issues/15 . You have to open it by running from terminal

flatpak-runner org.kde.mobile.angelfish chrome://gpu

with angelfish closed before that

check please
Attached Images

also for me bar bug seems to be qml related...

I presume its QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS=--disable-gpu , see https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwebengine-debugging.html

It does look in some aspects as QML bug, I agree. But the problem with QML theory is that I have not seen it on any of my tests and I would have expected to see this. Nobody else has reported it either which points towards HW adaptation. What's strange is also the disturbed painting of address entry pane (text not visible, left button pressed).

I cannot reproduce it at all, so would be hard to help or suggest anything.

PS: From your screenshot, looks like it is disabled, but was probably probed.

--disable-gpu is somehow added automatically, it did not explicit set by env args

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
--disable-gpu is somehow added automatically, it did not explicit set by env args
I guess it tried to guess the correct options and couldn't find any.

Well, I am completely blank and have no idea what's wrong in this case and what is causing it. But if I will see it on any of my devices, I'll try to look into it further.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I wanted a modern terminal emulator on SFOS because I encountered some limitations in Fingerterm with some CLI tools and I don't need the touch keyboard. Turns out we can install Konsole with Flatpak and it is *mostly* works:

First, install Flatpak using Rinigus' instructions, then

Code:
flatpak install --user org.kde.konsole # That's a big install
Then, in the Flatpak app, I enabled "Override DPI" for Konsole and set it around 170 for my 2160×1080 phone. The launcher icon should appear after having opened the Flatpak app.

Out of the box, it's not very useful because the flatpak is sandboxed and has no access to the SFOS filesystem and /home/nemo. To work around it, you can launch Konsole using this command:

Code:
flatpak-runner --talk-name=org.freedesktop.Flatpak org.kde.konsole --fullscreen -e flatpak-spawn --host bash
I made a custom .desktop file in /home/nemo/.local/share/applications/ with this Exec to make this automatic (didn't find how to make it work for new tabs too though). This allows Konsole to access the full filesystem just like Fingerterm, and it should be able to execute binaries as well.

Konsole has better color support, and also supports tabs, tiling different sessions in the same Terminal window, resizing tiles, and even touch support to emulate mouse actions (I enabled mouse support in cmus, and that works in Konsole, not in Fingerterm).

There are still some quirks though: I can occasionally get some crashes (error code 135), which I can reproduce for instance by launching cava in one instance and then going back to another. Also, I can't seem to execute micro, I get "open /dev/tty: no such device or address" while it works fine in Fingerterm. Finally, the menu bar is kinda broken because I can't see the menu items; this seems to be related to the custom DPI. That's why the custom command above launches Konsole in fullscreen mode, the menu bar being useless at the moment [Edit: I don't know what changed, but --fullscreen does not work anymore). If anyone has any ideas how to fix these issues, please let me know.

Thanks to @netman and @enigma9o7 for helping me using Konsole without sandboxing.

[Edit] org.kde.falkon launches correctly too and is meant to be a desktop browser while Angelfish is more of a mobile browser. On the Pro¹, that's ideal in my opinion. However, it has some menu bugs like those i described above and seems to ultimately cause wonky things: I can't confirm my searches or press Enter when I typed an URL in the address bar.
Attached Images

Last edited by Kabouik; 2020-05-27 at 18:03.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Recently, Calindori and Koko stopped working although they did work before. Have there be any changes?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woidboy For This Useful Post:

Tags
flatpak