Notices

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
I've never seen that format [yyyy.mm.dd, edit by me] anywhere. Who uses it?
I believe it is the default date format used in Japan.

To bring it back to the topic, I have an amusing story to share. This morning, Filebox bricked my N900. How did that happen, I hear you ask. Well, I was trying to copy a folder with about 2GB of data from the SD card to the main memory using Filebox. I went click and hold on the folder, select copy. Navigate to the destination, select paste, BANG! The device rebooted. It ended up in a reboot loop because I had moved my swap to the second partition on that SD card. Good old Bootmenu! I was able to boot to the console and switch back to the original swap. After that the deviuce sprang back to life but the SD card was busted. No partition table. This happened with no access to an alternative SD card reader so I will have to wait a bit to assess the extent of the damage and see if I can rescue any data. I had some family pictures on it not yet copied anywhere else.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
But why you think it's filebox fault. It rather sounds like SD card coming close to EOL period. I've found, that cheap SD cards tends to lose partition table few days/weeks before dying for good. You may reformat it now, but soon, you will face similar problem, and then - 3th or 4th time - it will get impossible to repair it, at all.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
It was a catchy line to grab your attention I am not convinced it was Filebox's fault. I know some cards die but I was not expecting a card to die during a read operation. Of course there was a hidden write operation too since I had a swap on that card and the most active culprit at the time was Filebox. But I agree blaming FB is unfair. Sorry.

FWIW, the card is totally dead. Debian cannot find it at all, N900 can but thinks it is 32MB instead of 8GB. Time to invest in a better card I reckon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
hi..

can someone pls help me.. im just finish flashing my n900.. after tat.. i would like to install back my favourite application.. when i try to install filebox.. got a prblem.. bzip2 is missing.. so i try to get the bzip2.. in xterminal.. root.. i type.. apt-get install bzip2.. (correct me if im wrong).. but cannot install bzip2.. dunno why.. can someone help me pls.. i really need this app ---> filebox....

thanx in advance..

The Following User Says Thank You to wangiwan For This Useful Post:
Is there a way to get permission somehow to be able to work with system files with filebox for example? Like renaming them or copying over edited images files etc.?

The Following User Says Thank You to dannejanne For This Useful Post:
@wangiwan
I will be guessing (not much info in Your post) but You forgot to add full set of repositories via HAM after reflash.

The Following User Says Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Anybody else noticed the thumbnails do not update if the file has been deleted replaced.

Is this trackers fault or FileBox?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Anybody else noticed the thumbnails do not update if the file has been deleted replaced.

Is this trackers fault or FileBox?
on mine it updates instantly if I rename, delete
..but how can You replace a file with different thumbnail ....I do not understand .... if you replace with the same name the thumbnail will remain....not?
buy a hamster

The Following User Says Thank You to SHARP66 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by SHARP66 View Post
on mine it updates instantly if I rename, delete
..but how can You replace a file with different thumbnail ....I do not understand .... if you replace with the same name the thumbnail will remain....not?
Hamster although cool lacks some of the features provided here.

It's ok I think it's the tracker due to the files in question being located in .images.

/home/user/MyDocs/.images/screenshot001.png

If delete the screenshot and take a new one (that replaces screenshot001.png) the original screenshot thumbnail is still there.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
can you plz help me with the sourcecode of filebox?

The Following User Says Thank You to shabmanu For This Useful Post:

Tags
file manager, filebox