じゃぁ、このトッピクを読んでから、もう一遍日本語を話したいよ。。。

I read in another article posted here (sorry it was months ago no link ) that talked about how if a device can transmit in the "1700mhz" range that the bands IX etc are all software based (and could therefore maybe be editted. No idea if they were right or not, but it could help you.

You might also check NTT DoCoMo and see what their plans and data costs are, maybe they are nicer than SoftBank. Most of my friends in japan all use NTT DoCoMo so that might say something

Im planning to head out there again in January (with my n900 )

I would probably just send an email to Nokia and ask directly since this phone is not released yet. I know those usually gets no where, so the trick is to just ask directly like "is the 1700mhz band using IV or IX" and don't even include the reason why you are asking. Usually that's where the low level email support people go "wtf?" and ask their technical lead. If you include too much they would just try to find a reason to deflect the email.

Good luck man.

The Following User Says Thank You to tenoclock For This Useful Post:
In case anyone is interested, I posted some alternatives to E-Mobile here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...438#post342438

Given that E-mobile support seems iffy because of the weird UMTS Band IX, I'm not ready to fork out for a 2-year contract if the sim card won't work in the N900, so I think I'll go with one of the alternatives posted in the other thread I linked to.