Posts: 85 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kuopio
I miss using ctrl + tab from pc-multitasking. I tried to find somewhat similar options to swiftly change programs from manuals and web I couldn't find any besides fingering through menu.

Could this be implemented to Maemo with:

1. left/right arrows (already in use :/)
2. similar touch screen gesture than changing desktops.

I'd prefer adding both somehow, because I don't really have use for neither.

Press the CTRL and Backspace keys togther

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elidag For This Useful Post:
Mmm... Maybe I explained a bit badly. I'd want that device jump from task to task without selection window. Or at least, if the windows has to be shown, using this method would choose the next task automatically after about a second. So task changes to next or previous with keyboard without tapping the screen or just with one gesture with finger on the screen.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
My Idea: STRG + Backspace to jump to the Taskmanager and STRG + Backspace at the Taskmanager to switch to the Application you have used before the last one.

So you should have the same like ALT+TAB. Only by clicking STRG+Backspace twice.

You can Vote here for Solution #4 at Brainstorm.
I posted this very late after the beginning. But I hope there could be more votes in the near future.

Idea is basically good. There just seems to be another use for button combination, menu access through keyboard, which is a bit more logical choice for ctrl + backspace imo. Menu button would also be practical.

Maybe optimal solution for me would be to access task manager by using ctrl + backspace once and menu by twice and change between next and previous tasks without the task manager state by finger gesture horizontally through screen.

Last edited by Tesno; 2009-12-20 at 14:36.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Mmmh... i don't think so. You have also to select the Programm you want over the Screen. So you can select the Programm Menu with your finger on the screen without moving your Hand between keyboard and screen.

Switch between 2 Tasks is more common and when you using the Keyboard to access the Dashboard you should do the Task Switch also with the Keyboard. So it works faster.

Last edited by Helmuth; 2009-12-20 at 14:45.