Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
if you do have other phone that can connected to your home wifi try browsing the internet using that phone (or ask your friends to help you)...

if they can connected & browsing then the problem is came from your N900 but if they fails to do so then the problem came from your wifi router...

hey the dns address is the computer one right? 192.168.1.1 that was mine and it didnt work and yeeah i tried power saving off still the same problem internet radio works then browsing and appmanager works. my router is linksys WRT54G model.

Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
if you do have other phone that can connected to your home wifi try browsing the internet using that phone (or ask your friends to help you)...

if they can connected & browsing then the problem is came from your N900 but if they fails to do so then the problem came from your wifi router...
hey i had 5800 before this n900 and it worked fine. never changed any settings. i just connected to my linksys connection and i could do any thing. i just got n900 a week back and this was the problem.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
sounds strange. Maybe some kind of weird upnp issue or something like that. but withourt further examination of the router settings...

well, try a ping www.google.com from the console when the browser doesnt work and post the result. That may give us a hint.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
It's possible that you're connecting to your home WiFi in a 'guest' mode which might be heavily restricted.

Are you 100% sure that you've connected to *your* WiFi, and entered your wireless key?

Other than that, without further info from you it's very hard to guess what the problem might be.

yeah wifi is connected and there is no wifi key. i connect it directly

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by yasirrfc View Post
yeah wifi is connected and there is no wifi key. i connect it directly
You haven't secured your WiFi with a key?! http://www.google.com/search?q=why%2...re%20my%20wifi

It's not really surprising you're experiencing weird things then!

Again: without further info from you it's very hard to guess what the problem might be.

The last unsecured router I looked at had half the neighborhood listed on it all leeching the internet connection.

You might want to sort that out buddy as someone could be snooping your $$$/£££

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by yasirrfc View Post
hey the dns address is the computer one right? 192.168.1.1 that was mine and it didnt work and yeeah i tried power saving off still the same problem internet radio works then browsing and appmanager works. my router is linksys WRT54G model.
No... read my post.. You should be write in your phone the dns adresses of you internet provider.. it's 2 dns addresses.. Try this, for me it's worked..

hey everyone i gave my phone in warranty and it was consuming a lot of power. they said its a software problem and they flashed it but still the same prob. im hopefully going to get a brand new packed piece tomorrow problem solved hehehe